Human Resources Assistant, SC-4
Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)
Secretariat of the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
Administration and Management Services (AMS)
Publication/Transmission Date\: 07 July 2021
Deadline for Application\: 27 July 2021 (at midnight, Abu Dhabi local time)
Position Title\: Human Resources Assistant (Service Contract – Local Recruitment)
Annual Gross Remuneration\: AED 144,000 to AED 192,000
Duration of Contract\: 12 months
Duty Station\: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Date for Entry on Duty\: As soon as possible
The International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) is an inter-governmental organization headquartered in Abu Dhabi, mandated to promote the widespread and increased adoption and sustainable use of all forms of renewable energy in the pursuit of sustainable development, energy access, energy security and low-carbon economic growth and prosperity. IRENA’s mission is to play a leading role in the ongoing transformation of the global energy systems as a centre of excellence for knowledge and innovation, a global voice of renewable energy, a network hub for all stakeholders and a source of advice and support for countries. At present, IRENA has 164 Members (163 States and the European Union) that acceded to its Statute, and 20 additional States in the process of accession and actively engaged.
The Division of Administration and Management Services is responsible for providing the Secretariat with an efficient support in managing its human and financial resources and ensures effective and timely delivery of Human Resources, Information Technology, Procurement and Financial services.
Under the supervision of the Chief of Human Resources, and within delegated authority of day-to-day guidance of the Human Resources Officer and the Associate Human Resources Officer, the Human Resources Assistant (SC) will be responsible for the following duties\:
Assists with the various recruitment processes including\: evaluation and screening of applications, organizing written tests, interviews, initiating and following-up on reference checks and academic verifications and ensuring the completion of the pre-recruitment formalities.
Maintains vacancy announcements and tracks status of vacancy announcements;
- Assists with the administration of consultants including but not limited to\: preparing consultancy contracts, reviewing requisitions and supporting documents and performing New Hire/Separation actions in Markaz;
Assists with the administration of medical insurance plan for staff and dependents and maintenance of relevant database;
Provides general administrative support services; drafts and/or processes a variety of correspondence and other communications, schedules appointments/meetings, monitors deadlines, etc;
- Assists in the preparation of necessary documentation for distribution to various unit, divisions;
- Maintains automated database containing HR related statistics and prepares periodic reports;
- Assists in the organization and conduct of training courses and workshops and related processes;
Assists in maintaining updated HR files and records (electronic and paper);
Serves as back-up to the HR section as needed;
Performs other duties, as required.
- Professionalism\: General knowledge of the human resources and administrative policies, procedures and practices and ability to apply them in an organizational setting. Demonstrates use of initiative and makes appropriate linkages in work requirements and anticipates next steps. Shows pride in work and in achievements; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Communication\: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Teamwork\: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Candidates must have valid UAE residence visa and Emirates ID and currently reside within UAE.
Education\: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience\: Several years of experience in human resources management, administrative services or related area.
Language\: Good command of both written and spoken English is required. Knowledge of other languages is desirable.
Qualified candidates must apply for the above mentioned vacancy on-line, through IRENA’s recruitment platform, Taleo, including a complete and comprehensive CV and a letter of interest and details of three professional references who will be contacted if their application is shortlisted.
Applications from qualified women, especially from nationals of developing countries, are highly encouraged.
Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for an interview and will receive notice of the final outcome of the selection process.