Client Responsiveness and Accountability Officer
The Client Responsiveness and Accountability (CRA) Officer reports to the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and technically to the Senior Protection Manager. S/he will support IRC Lodwar field office in the implementation of Client Responsiveness and Accountability actions. S/he ensures that feedback mechanisms (both proactive and reactive) are established in consultation with the communities; regularly promoted through different media and other community engagement forums. S/he will ensure clients’ feedback is regularly collected, analyzed, and responded to in timely manner. S/he also ensures that CEA reports are regularly generated within the agreed frequency and result areas and are presented regularly during project meetings and donor reporting requirements. Additionally, the C.R.A. Officer conducts feedback sessions, Focus Group Discussions, and surveys to solicit for clients’ feedback.
- Update/Review the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and feedback Plans together with the senior protection manager and Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
- Lead and coordinate processes to collect, review and respond to client feedback regarding IRC implementation projects on Reproductive Health, Nutrition, Women Protection and Empowerment (WPE) and Livelihoods in Turkana County and West Pokot County.
- Set up feedback mechanisms in collaboration with the IRC implementing partners to collect and respond to client feedback–both proactive and reactive considering technological advancements and literacy of the target population
- Conduct regular Focus Group Discussions, support Data collection activities and meetings with different stakeholders to solicit feedback on IRC’s work in support with Monitoring and Evaluation department.
- Contribute to documentation of the success stories and lesson learnt of the project during implementation under the support of Monitoring and Evaluation department.
- Use the guidance on implementation and monitoring in the Client Responsive Programming Framework in accordance with IRC’s responsiveness strategic objectives for good and great standards.
- Contribute to routine data quality audit of the program with technical support of the M&E department.
- Establish a help desk/information table for the community members to answer beneficiary comments/questions.
- Conduct Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM) of cash-based interventions.
- Support routine monitoring of nutrition supplies in West-Pokot office
- Prepare client engagement and accountability reports and share with the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and Senior Protection Manager.
- Enter, analyze, and share consolidated client feedback data to field management to be discussed at field management meetings for course correction.
- Compile and share ideas and methods across the different sectors on how to engage with communities in two-way communication.
- Facilitate workshops and discussions with key staff on client engagement and accountability mechanisms.
- Spearhead the development of feedback in contingency plans and emergency preparedness in line with IRC best practices and guidelines for working in emergencies.
- Help in developing assessment tools in collaboration with Monitoring and Evaluation team.
- Update the client feedback registry and classify the complaints and feedback as required.
- Help in design and development of Information education and communication materials for client feedback mechanisms.
- Monitor the concerns of clients accessing IRC services and highlight the specific needs of men, boys, women, and girls.
- Examine programme implementation and assess possible improvements based on lessons learned.
- Submit high quality monthly reports; compile statistics, and document challenges and lessons learned.
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to:Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Position directly supervises:N/A
Indirect Reporting: Senior Protection Manager
Other Internal and/or external contacts: Regular coordination with other IRC sectors (Health, Nutrition, Women’s Economic and Empowerment, Economic Recovery and Development), partner and with other humanitarian actors, community leaders, county and sub-county teams and other implementing partners.