Cultural Orientation Intern
Tucson (United States of America)
The IRC in Tucson’s Cultural Orientation Program is designed to provide a holistic and integrated approach to educating refugees during their first week of resettlement in the United States. The Program provides structured trainings to newly arrived refugees and asylees to familiarize them with their new environment and inform them of available services. The Cultural Orientation Intern will support Staff with logistical organization and materials preparation for these training sessions and will actively work with clients to facilitate more thorough absorption and processing of vital information.
Please note that this is an unpaid position.
This is an in-person position.
- Prepare programmatic materials for the Cultural Orientation Program including handouts and laminated activity cards.
- Compile necessary materials into individualized client packets.
- Assist in Cultural Orientation training activities and drills as directed by CO Instructor.
- Assist Staff with transportation of participating clients to and from the IRC office.
- Train clients to ride public transportation to and from their homes to the IRC office.
- Conduct Tucson Highlights bus tours with newly arrived clients.
- Support Cultural Orientation Coordinator in additional tasks as necessary to design, maintain and improve the Cultural Orientation Program.
Reports To: Noorullah Dawari