Spice Kitchen Incubator Graphic Design Intern
Salt Lake City (United States of America)
BACKGROUND: Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is a leading, non-sectarian, non-profit organization providing emergency relief, protection, rehabilitation assistance, resettlement services, and advocacy for refugees and victims of oppression or violent conflict.Domestically, our 26 offices across the U.S. ensure new arrivals have food, shelter, and clothing, and work with refugees to help them gain self-sufficiency.
Spice Kitchen Incubator is a culinary incubator program of the International Rescue Committee in Salt Lake City that assists new Americans and low-to-moderate income individuals plan, launch, and sustain their own food businesses through affordable technical assistance, subsidized commercial kitchen rental, and access to market opportunities.
SCOPE OF INTERN WORK: This intern will work with the Spice Kitchen Incubator team and entrepreneurs to develop strong, viable businesses through visual branding and design. This intern will be paired with entrepreneurs to discuss the business’s vision and create a specific brand identity, logo, and additional collateral such as business cards, menus, labels, and packaging. This intern will also work on Spice Kitchen programmatic collateral as needed
COMMITMENT: August 30th 2021 –December 17th 2021, 15-20 hours per week
• Meet one-on-one with entrepreneur at least once a week, or as needed, in a virtual manner through Microsoft teams, Zoom, and/or phone calls
• Advise entrepreneur and design branding identity, logo, menu, and additional business collateral as needed.
• Assist with Spice-specific collateral such as product labels, marketing inserts, social media content, and fundraising campaigns
•Provide feedback to Spice Kitchen Incubator staff on entrepreneur progress
1. The intern will gain professional experience in graphic design and branding.
2. The intern will gain experience and deepen understanding of working and communicating with diverse populations including English language learners and refugees.
3. The intern will learn relevant skills and knowledge in working with small business owners, especially those in the food industry