SIL Unit Coordinator
- To ensure that SIL standard operating procedures are followed and that all SIL residents are receiving the necessary support;
- To coordinate and arrange all logistics related to the operation of the apartments;
- To support the team members in ensuring that there is a clear schedule of activities and tasks for social workers and caretakers;
- In cooperation with the team members, to plan and ensure implementation of daily activities in relation to case management, education, recreation and integration;
- Provide guidance to the staff in emergency situations, in cooperation with the SIL Program Manager.
The SIL Unit Coordinator reports to and is supervised by the SIL Program Manager. The SIL Unit Coordinator directly supervises 4 staff members, while co-supervises 2 of the staff members with the SIL Program Manager.
Logistics and schedule of activities:
- Ensure the team members follow the schedule and support in solving any issue with staff on leave, etc.;
- Prepare and update the shift schedule of the caretakers and handle any issues that arise;
- Ensure there is a clear schedule for children/ young adults together with the team members;
- Lead and organize meetings with the children/young adults and staff on shift in order to give them information, set up rules and agree on activities;
- Ensure children/ young adults are attending school and extracurricular activities;
- Ensure children/ young adults enhance and/or develop their skills, through structured skills building sessions organized by the caretakers and the social workers;
- Ensure that all children/ young adults receive legal support as needed;
- If any emergency arises, take the lead and coordinate any actions needed;
- Prepare requests for materials and follow up all procurement processes;
- Arrange all logistics for external activities.
Staff management/ supervision/ capacity building
- Supervise the support team members and ensure they have clear roles and responsibilities so as to perform their duties;
- Provide technical support and supervision to the support team members via group and individual meetings;
- Set performance goals with the direct reports, provide feedback and timely complete the semi-annual performance reviews;
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions;
- Communicate training needs to the Program Manager, organize trainings for staff and seek training opportunities as required;
- Assist the Program Manager in the recruitment.
- Ensure regular analysis of information coming from field is compiled and reports submitted to the Program Manager on monthly/quarterly basis;
- Draft assessments, FGDs questions and beneficiaries’ feedback questionnaire to document and evaluate activities;
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all relevant service providers and CP actors.
- Coordinate daily with all support team members for the daily schedule of the children/ young adults;
- Coordinate with relevant state and non-state stakeholders, such as EKKA, UN agencies, Prefectures’ social services, other CP actors and NGOs and other IRC programs;
- Coordinate with all IRC departments, such as Finance, HR and Supply Chain.
- Attend trainings organized by the IRC and/ or other organizations;
- Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of the children/ young adults and the staff; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to IRC management;
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs.
- All IRC staff are required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.