Therapeutic Services Intern
Tucson (United States of America)
The Center for Wellbeing team provides intensive case management to survivors of torture, victims of crime, victims of human trafficking and asylum-seeking families living in Arizona. The Therapeutic Services intern will work closely with the Clinical Supervisor, Caseworkers, and Wellness Team to provide culturally competent, comprehensive services to refugee, foreign national, and immigrant survivors of war, violence, displacement, and trauma. In addition, they will learn how to provide trauma-informed, victim-centered, strengths-based services that promote health and safety, inspire confidence, respects choice, and assists survivors towards independence.
Please note that this position is unpaid.
In-person interns are preferred for this position, but some remote interns and/or hybrid in-person/remote interns may be accepted.
- Provides support for group counseling or workshops including session planning, preparation and co-facilitation
- Conducts and assists with intakes for groups and appropriate referrals and case management needs
- Provides follow up with clients for continued care coordination
- Refer clients to community resources or to specialists as necessary and other case management duties.
- Arrange for interpreters for group sessions where needed
- Transport clients using your own vehicle when needed
- Make weekly client phone calls to arrange for group and individual sessions
- Complete and maintain required clinical documentation in a timely manner
- Maintain confidentiality of records relating to clients' treatment
- Attend individual supervision
- Commit to at least 12 hours per week for the duration of the internship
- Perform additional job-related duties and responsibilities as requested
- Work in both a standard office environment and community-based environment