Capacity Development Advisor
About the job
The Capacity Development Advisor will be responsible for establishing and coordinating the capacity development process of a new local partner as part of DRC Humanitarian Mine Action (HMA) programme in Libya, in coordination with the Head of Humanitarian Disarmament and Peacebuilding (Head of HDP), Area Manager (AM) and Operations Manager (OM), as well as the Support Services department.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Coordination & Representation
- Coordinate and lead initial and ongoing capacity analysis in collaboration with internal stakeholders, acting as DDG Libya’s partnership focal point internally and when requested by the line manager, with relevant external stakeholders.
- In collaboration with the partner and based on prior assessment findings and capacity analysis, define a phased capacity development plan including timeframe, resourcing, and outcomes.
- Develop a professional collaborative relationship with the partner, authorities and other stakeholders involved in mine action and civil society engagement.
Capacity Building, Mentoring & Coaching
- Prepare tools and guidance to support the capacity development process, as well as deliver training and mentoring of DRC staff on these and develop and implement capacity development activities to address identified needs in terms of programme and project management through training, one-on-one mentoring, and coaching.
- Develop and implement tools to monitor and evaluate the capacity development process of and with the local partner and keep abreast of external training opportunities and enrollment requirements relevant to the capacity development process.
- Regularly brief the Head of HDP, Area Manager and Operations Manager on all relevant aspects of the capacity development process, prepare regular updates, briefings and inputs into internal and external reports on various aspects of the capacity development process in a timely and efficient manner.
We expect you to coordinate successfully with the relevant internal departments and external experts for the design, planning and implementation of capacity strengthening activities (including operational, technical, and managerial) as well as the partner to gather valuable feedback on effectiveness and relevance of capacity support and future capacity support needs.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Relevant Masters or higher degree.
- Significant experience in national NGO capacity development with minimum 3 years experience in programme/project management in the NGO sector required
- Prior experience working with civil society organizations, preferably in a management or development capacity role
- Background in training, coaching/mentoring and development of tools/guidance
- Experience writing project documents and reports
- Working experience in the MENA Region, especially Libya
- Strong knowledge of the NGO sector in Libya
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Previous experience in the mine action sector a considerable asset
- Ability to work collaboratively and build consensus across diverse sets of stakeholders
- Experience in stakeholder relationship management including national and local authorities and donors
- Excellent written and spoken Arabic highly desirable
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: six months
Designation of Duty Station: Unaccompanied/ Benghazi
Start date: 15 August 2021
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact Claudia di Bella HR Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.