Regional Partner Safeguarding Advisor, LACRO
Job Title: Regional Partner Safeguarding Advisor
Reports to: DRD/MQ
Salary Grade: Advisor I, Grade 9
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to*save, protect, and transform* lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
The Latin American and Caribbean Regional Office (LACRO) is located in Guatemala City, Guatemala. The region is made up of five country programs in Haiti, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras and Nicaragua and has one program office in Mexico. The main areas of technical expertise include Agriculture, Emergency Response, Peacebuilding, Education and Youth Development.
The Regional Partner Safeguarding Advis or will be responsible for strengthening the quality of safeguarding guidance, support, and oversight CRS provides to its implementing partners. The position will play a key role in adapting and developing CRS’ current approach to preventing, addressing, and responding to safeguarding matters with implementing partners. The Regional Partner Safeguarding Advisor will also oversee the role-out of CRS’ updated approach to partner safeguarding, including monitor compliance with the adopted system.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Lead the development/adaptation of trainings, tools, templates and communication materials intended to ensure CRS supports our implementing partners to comply with safeguarding minimum standards, in coordination and collaboration with others from the safeguarding team, other HQ departments and country programs
- Deliver interactive online and in-person trainings to regional and country program staff on CRS’ partner safeguarding approach, system, and tools
- Provide technical assistance including accompaniment and mentoring to country program staff on CRS’ partner safeguarding approach, system, and tools
- Proactively identify any gaps in understanding or application of CRS’ approach to partner safeguarding through dialogue, training, provision of tools, etc;
- Oversee partner safeguarding compliance reporting, with support from Ethics Unit Safeguarding Advisors, including quality control and providing technical guidance and support to field staff
- Disseminate current industry guidelines, learning initiatives and policies related to implementing partner safeguarding support and capacity strengthening
- Coordinate with peer/donor agencies, especially Catholic agencies, regarding safeguarding support to partners, working to ensure complementarity of effort
- Master’s degree in a relevant field preferred
- Native Spanish and very strong English
- Strong French also preferred
Travel – up to 50% in any one calendar year
Work Conditions/Environment Conditions
- Possible Office or Telecommuting position
- University degree in Social Work, Development, Project Management, Organizational Development, Psychology or Public Administration
- Minimum of five years of experience in the humanitarian or development sector
- Minimum of three years of experience in partnership capacity building or institutional strengthening, including the design and delivery of systems and trainings
- Experience in the field of protection or safeguarding
- Experience facilitating collaboration between partners and different departments and country programs
What we offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
*Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Note: All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clea r a pre-employment medical examination.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people - especially children and vulnerable adults - to live free from abuse and harm.
*EOE/M/F/D/V -* CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.