Change Management Lead (Workday HCM Project)
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
HR Technology and Analytics Branch (HRMOI) is responsible for the development and implementation of the HR Technology strategy and Roadmap that enables efficient and effective HR business processes and activities while ensuring compliance with HR Policies and legislative requirements.
Our technology strategy priorities are to create value for the Organization through provision of trusted workforce data and analytics for smarter people management decisions, reduced administrative burden for our employees through automation and self-services, and making life at work better through awesome employee experience.
WFP is looking for a Change Management Lead with an extensive level of change management experience, to drive the implementation of Workday HCM Platform. The Change Management lead will be responsible for leading all aspects of a change management program. He or she will engage with senior leadership and executives to gain buy-in and will manage a change management team.
The Change Management Lead will collaborate with cross-functional teams at WFP to deliver change management programs including impact analysis, stakeholder management, communications, training, and ensuring that Workday HCM Platform is rolled out successfully and in a sustainable way.
In this position, the Change Management Lead will execute the strategy that makes complex change easy for our impacted users and stakeholders. You will conduct impacts analysis to help develop and execute the change management strategy and plan, working with project teams and business partners who are eager to make change happen.
Your change management plans will guide WFP to achieve operational success and drive adoption for end-users. Key to this role is your ability to build cross-function relationships, apply critical thinking, and take the initiative to drive results.
As a successful Change Management Lead, you will use influence and innovation to maximize change adoption and ensure a positive end-user experience for changes impacting people, process, and technology.
- Collaborate with the Workday Change Management team to elaborate strategies and plans, including training and communications
- Conduct effective change impact assessments, readiness assessments, and stakeholder analysis
- Define, plan and execute change management plans to support communication and transition activities
- Develop, deliver and manage communication, stakeholder, training, engagement, adoption, and resistance management plans
- Integrate change management activities into project plans
- Ensure that information is communicated to impacted audiences throughout the duration of the program
- Manage stakeholder relationships
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress
- Collaborate with project teams to ensure the successful execution of the end-to-end change management strategy
- Proactively identify and implement improvements to the change management strategy & methodology
- Build executive presentations and identify risks and issues relating to change management functions
- Facilitate senior-level meetings to surface and resolve sensitive issues and drive alignment
- Consult and coach project teams
- Create actionable deliverables for the five change management levers: communications plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, training plan, resistance management plan
- Coach impacted managers and supervisors
- Manage communications, training, and stakeholder engagement
Responsible for the success of all change management deliverables
The ideal change management candidate will have a demonstrated track record of:
- Managing effective internal strategic communications programs
- Comprehending detailed technical updates and translating them into consumable insights for non-technical teams
- Solid understanding of project management methodology
- Creating clear, compelling communication materials with a cohesive framework
- Analyzing and compiling data from multiple sources and pulling it all together into one output
- Providing thoughtful, structured recommendations to strategy managers and account teams
- Able to work with rapidly changing requirements
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- University Degree in Business, Communications, or other related field
- Prosci change management certification or designation
- Change Management Professional™ (CCMP™) certification
- Equivalent change certifications
- 8+ years of experience leading HR strategic transformation programs for global organizations – with significant subject matter expertise in HR processes
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in implementing change management principles, tools, models, and processes to increase the success of change programs.
- Prior expertise in HR process and operating model redesign, major HR reorganizations
- Substantial experience with large scale global change adoption programs people and organizational change`
- Experience in planning and managing complex projects, combining process, organizational change, and technology workstreams
- Exceptional, highly polished written and oral communication skills, able to develop executive-level presentations
- Experience leading initiatives with global remote and onsite teams
- Experience developing readiness programs, training or stakeholder engagement
- A highly organized, energetic, and creative change professional
- Ability to handle ambiguity and can be flexible in their approach
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- An amazing communicator, who has impactful presence and can easily simplify messaging, and incorporate storytelling
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate and team with others.
- Fluency (level C) in oral and written English is essential. An intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) is a plus.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 27 July 2021
Ref.: VA 143791
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP welcomes applications from nationals of all countries.
WFP has zero-tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.