IT Support Specialist (bilingual English-Spanish)
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
Who we are looking for: This vacancy announcement is aimed at selecting a bilingual (English-Spanish) IT Support Resource to work in the EST (Eastern Standard Time - Panama) timezone.
What we offer: Interested candidates must be willing to work following the Eastern Standard Time zone. Occasional weekend shifts and work in different time schedules may be required. Please note that no additional relocation package will be provided for this position.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. WFP Technology Division (TEC, formerly known as IT) is the digital business engine of the World Food Programme, providing the business with multi-pronged and resilient technical capabilities able to respond with the agility required in humanitarian operations, be they manmade or in a natural disaster setting.
The Service Management branch (TECM) is a cornerstone of the WFP plan aimed at establishing, integrating, and mainstreaming the core elements of end-to-end digital business processes. Excellence in customer service, is the foundational pillar of the digital transformation. Part of TECM is the Technology Service Centre, which enables efficient IT operations by supporting users and IT staff worldwide, managing corporate workplace applications and implementing enhancements that adapt to changes in the operational landscape and enable seamless communication and collaboration.
The IT Support Specialist will work under the general supervision of a Shift/Network Coordinator to manage customer queries and complaints reaching the Global Service Desk.
This position will be part of the Global Service Desk and of the new “follow the sun” staffing model for providing support to our global workforce by establishing both geographic and language diversity to better serve our clients. The incumbent will participate in shift handover activities with stakeholders which may be positioned elsewhere in the world.
As an IT Support Specialist, you will act as a focal point for IT incidents and service requests (e.g. related to hardware/software, accesses, networking/infrastructure, digital assistance services, etc.) taking responsibility for the completion of processes and activities requiring the interpretation of standard guidelines and practices. You will be a focal point during the rollout of new technologies in WFP offices.
You will be escalating issues across various support channels in the field and Headquarters, working with stakeholders on diverse platforms and naturally multitasking to achieve customer satisfaction.
You will also identify support patterns and improvements, proactively escalating them to your supervisors in order to identify root causes and permanent resolutions.
This job may involve high capacity/volume of tasks with quality focused deliverables.
- Undertake monitoring of IT requests using the corporate Global Service Management Tool and reviewing of Service Requests and Incidents;
- Troubleshoot issues and respond to queries, providing solutions to internal and external customers;
- Set-up and deploy IT hardware and provide accesses for newcomers as well as roll out new solutions and hardware devices to colleagues (with particular focus on network infrastructure);
- Support the development of standard material such as training documentation and web content and be responsible for managing information records (e.g. web pages, statistical databases), ensuring staff have access to current information.
- Provide standard training to end users of technology and systems to ensure they use them effectively;
- Identify issue patterns and major incidents, escalating those to management, as well as suggest improvements to internal methods and processes to support continuous improvement.
- With direction from senior colleagues, participate in projects and IT-driven initiatives as required.
- Occasionally respond to issues outside of standard working hours for the position (EST);
- Perform other related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- University degree, preferably in a technology field of study.
Experience: At least two years working experience in a similar position in a large Organisation, including experience of:
- Collaborating with managers on defining requirements for Technology;
- Working with applications on client services standards to resolve or escalate complex technical and service issues.
- Working in ITIL- and Agile- driven Organisations.
- Microsoft products (Active Directory, Office 365, Windows Operating Systems (Computer and Servers), Enterprise Mobility and Security;
- Mac computers;
- Firewalls’ configuration;
- Network Routing, Switching and Security;
- DNS, DHCP.
Desired Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Ability to provide excellent first level support to users requesting help with software, hardware, telephones, printers;
- Ability to identify support patterns, escalating those in a timely manner;
- Knowledge of ITIL Incident, Request, Change Management concepts is desirable;
- Certifications in ITIL, Agile, Microsoft Products (Office 365, Windows Operating Systems), Network (e.g. CISCO, Fortinet) IT Security are considered an asset.
- Excellent Communication skills to support users worldwide;
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds;
- Client orientation;
- Ability to prioritise.
- Stakeholder management.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Spanish with an intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages) is desirable.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
WFP offers a competitive compensation package, which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
Deadline for applications: 26 July 2021 at 11:59pm Rome time
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Saving lives, changing lives