Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: "Zero Hunger by 2030" - If you want to become part of our global mission to end hunger around the world, we look forward to receiving your application as:
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Nyamlel, South Sudan.
As Area Manager you will provide leadership to the different project managers in the field offices in Nyamlel and in Aweil. You will ensure quality of project implementations and compliance with standards and regulations and ensure that the necessary resources, including the various projects’ funds, are used efficiently and effectively by the respective project managers. Furthermore, you will be representing Welthungerhilfe and the programme with State level donors, authorities, humanitarian agencies, coordination fora, the local communities and other stakeholders in Northern Bahr el Ghazal State.
- Contributing to Welthungerhilfe’s strategic orientation of the programme for the Northern Bahr el Ghazal region
- Representing Welthungerhilfe in interagency meetings and stakeholder coordination fora at field level and country level
- Proposing potential new areas/interventions opportunities, as well as initiating and contributing to the development of new concepts and proposals for the target area
- Line managing Heads of Project in the operational area of Northern Bahr el Ghazal State, in close cooperation with the Country Director
- Ensuring consistent and efficient mobilisation of shared resources in the field offices, in coordination with project managers
- Fostering digitalisation processes in the field offices in line with Welthungerhilfe’s policies
- Acting as Security Focal point for Welthungerhilfe in the programme area
- Ensuring that all relevant operational support structures (MEAL, Logistics, Finance administration, etc.) are in place and implemented up to Welthungerhilfe’s standards across all projects in the area
- Rolling out the Code of Conduct in coordination with the Human Resources department
- A university or polytechnic degree in Agriculture, Agribusiness or Economic Development, Rural Development or equivalent qualifications that are commensurate with this position
- A minimum of 5 years of project and management experience in carrying out transitional programmes with international aid agencies
- Regional working experience in South Sudan would be an asset
- Working experience with digital solutions for operational efficiency and database systems would be an advantage
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
- Coordination, organisational skills and ability to work with minimal supervision - even under a high workload
- Excellent spoken and written English, German language skills would be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits".
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by July 28, 2021. Your contact person is Carolin Moellenbeck.Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.