Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: "Zero Hunger by 2030" - If you want to become part of our global mission to end hunger around the world, we look forward to receiving your application as:
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Nyamlel, South Sudan.
As Finance Officer you will implement existing financial management standards in the programmes and projects efficiently and promptly, thereby making a significant contribution towards the success of the programme work. This is a field level position for our field office in Northern Bahr el Ghazal. Your goal will be to ensure that the financial management processes of the projects at the project site are auditable and efficient and to carry out financial management controls at project level. Additionally, you will support the Head of Project in performing his/her supervisory duties within the framework of project administration. If necessary, you will instruct and support project partner organisations in matters relating to financial management so that they fulfil their contractual obligations towards Welthungerhilfe and co-financers.
- Ensuring that project funds are correctly managed according to the rules and regulations of Welthungerhilfe and the co-financers
- Ensuring that documentation of data, account assignments and bookkeeping entries are carried out correctly in the bookkeeping Software
- Ensuring costs are cleared internally within a project or between projects (correct allocation of costs)
- Preparing documentation so that Head of Projects can assume budgetary responsibility (expenditure and budget control)
- Preparing annual account documents in cooperation with Head of Projects and Head of Finance in Country Office
- Preparation of refunds/returns/final fund requests to donors
- Instructing, advising and supervising of local administrative staff
- Making purchases and awarding of contracts according to valid internal/donor regulations
- Monitoring and correctly processing relief supplies and other equipment, particularly in terms of compliance with import regulations, monitoring inventory accounting, physical inventory inspections
- Correctly managing project inventory and vehicle fleet
- Supporting Head of Projects prepare or revise project / co-financing budget in terms of formal correctness
- Regularly informing Head of Projects about the project's financial status
- A university degree in business administration or equivalent qualifications that are commensurate with this position
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience of self-implemented as well as partner implemented projects in the global South
- Experience of co funded projects by BMZ, WFP and German Federal Foreign Office donor is desirable
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
- Coordination, organisational skills and ability to work with minimal supervision - even under a high workload
- Excellent spoken and written English, German language skills would be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits".
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by July 28, 2021. Your contact person is Carolin Moellenbeck.Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.