Programme Analyst, Women Economic Empowerment
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Reporting to the Regional Policy Specialist (WEE) the Programme Analyst provides programme and operational support to the effective management of UN Women programmes in the RO by contributing in the programme design, formulation, implementation and evaluation. S/he supports the delivery of UN Women programmes by analyzing results achieved during implementation and supporting appropriate application of systems and procedures. She/he works in close collaboration with the programme and operations team, UN Women HQ staff, Government officials, multi and bi-lateral donors and civil society ensuring successful UN Women programme implementation under portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide advanced administrative and logistical support to the development of programme strategies in the area of Women Economic Empowerment (WEE):
- Provide administrative support and inputs in the preparation of work plans, budgets and proposals;
- Assist Policy Advisor in identification of human resource need for the unit;
- Coordinate selection process of consultants and follow up for deliverables and final payments;
- Support Country Offices and Multi country offices in the selection process of Human Resource needs;
- Support with the development and updating roster of experts under WEE;
- Ensures logistics are properly undertaken pertaining to the organization of workshops, seminars, events and other activities, and prepares relevant budget and participant lists;
- Coordinate the collection of information for the audit of projects and support implementation of audit recommendations;
- Liaise with high level officials on administrative issues;
- Contribute to the development or update of standard operating procedures, guidelines, checklists, templated and business process in Project Management.
Provide technical support to the implementation and management of the Women Economic Empowerment programme:
- Provide inputs to the annual workplan and budget as required;
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of programme activities;
- Coordinate the call/request for proposals, including the organization of technical review committees, and capacity assessment of partners;
- Review and coordinate the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports;
- Prepare PO Vouchers.
Provide technical assistance and capacity development support to project/programme partners:
- Provide technical support to the implementation of programme activities with partners;
- Identify opportunities for capacity building of partners and coordinate and facilitate technical/ programming support and trainings to partners as needed.
Provide technical inputs to the monitoring and reporting of the programme/ project:
- Monitor progress on programme activity, results and indicators;
- Monitor the implementation of proposals by responsible partners;
- Provide inputs to quarterly reports, donor reports and other reports on outputs, results outputs and outcomes.
Provide technical inputs to the management of people and finances of Women Economic Empowerment programme:
- Monitor budget implementation and programme activity expenditures and perform budget revisions when required;
- Provide inputs to financial reports;
- Maintain ongoing contracts with partners, including governments, civil society organizations, international organization, UN Agencies and donors;
- Oversee the work of Programme Associates and Assistants as needed.
Contribute to building partnerships and resource mobilization strategies:
- Provide inputs to resource mobilization strategies; analyze and maintain information and databases;
- Organize, compile and process information from donors and country offices to input to various database and documentations;
- Provide inputs to relevant documentation such as project summaries, conference papers, briefing notes, speeches, and donor profiles.
Provide inputs to advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts:
- Provide technical inputs to background documents, briefs and presentations related to WEE;
- Coordinate and support the organization of advocacy activities and campaigns events, trainings, workshops and knowledge products;
- Coordinate the development of the WEE unit learning plan;
- Provide inputs to the development of knowledge management products on WEE.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and procedures;
- Timely and quality inputs to programme design;
- Timely and quality inputs to workplans and budgets;
- Adherence to UN Women standards and rules;
- Timely monitoring and tracking of programme results and finances;
- Timely organization of events;
- Quality background and presentation materials.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Ability to administer and execute administrative process and transactions;
- Programme formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills;
- Skills in human resources, procurement and travel management;
- Knowledge of Results Based Management;
- Ability to gather and interpret data, reach logical conclusions and present findings;
- Good analytical skills.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, organizational development, human rights, gender/ women’s studies, international development, or a related field is required;
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree;
- A project/programme management certification (such as PMP®, PRINCE2®, or MSP®) would be an added advantage.
- At least 1 year of relevant work experience in development programme/project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building;
- Experience in Women Economic Empowerment is an asset;
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset;
- Experience in the use of ATLAS or related software is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
Please note that applications without a completed and signed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.
UN Women Personal History form (P-11) can be downloaded from https://www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/employment/application-process
UNWOMEN is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.