South Sudan (South Sudan)
Project ManagerMalteser International (MI) has been working in what is now South Sudan since 1996 and implements programs related to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Food & Nutrition Security, Livelihood, Health, Disaster Risk Reduction and Livelihood Building.
The various projects of Malteser International are located in the states Central Equitoria and Western Bahl al Ghazal (Juba, Wau, Yei, and in the surrounding areas).
In Yei, Central Equatoria, MI is working mainly in the health sector.
For its work in Yei, South Sudan, Malteser International is looking for an experienced Project Manager.
As the Project Manager, you will be in charge of the management and coordination of the project activities in Yei as outlined in the proposals, logframes and work plans, providing leadership and technical oversight. Furthermore, you will be responsible for maintaining good relationships with the local authorities and partners as well as ensuring the appropriate use of funds and compliance with MI and donor quality and accountability standards.
Your main tasks include conducting assessments, preparing periodic reports, supporting the development of new project ideas and proposals, implementing health activities, developing capacities of local partners and Malteser International staff as well as monitoring and evaluation.
Professionally you will report to the Country Coordinator at Juba office and work in close cooperation with the other Project Managers and Administrators on field level.
- Coordinate and technically monitor the implementation of all project activities according to the objectives, indicators, work plans and approved budgets
- Ensure regular and proper project documentation and reporting according to donor and MI standards, rules & regulations (interim and final reports, monthly reports) and link the project closely and pro-actively to the program level
- Lead the project team and ensure sound financial management (review, budget control), administration and logistics practices of the project
- Provide technical and managerial support to all team members in fulfilment of their duties according to project objectives and ensure compliance with MI policies and international standards
- Develop and put into practice appropriate and cost-efficient monitoring tools to track the expected results and indicators as mentioned in the log frames, work plans and other relevant project documents
- Represent MI towards local authorities, partners and donors in close coordination with the Country Coordinator
- Assist MI management with any requests for information or data regarding program expansion or development
- Support the Country Coordination team in developing health programs and supporting the project teams in planning and implementing health projects in their locations
- Monitor security situation in the project area and ensure that the staff follows the security regulations
- University degree in Health Management, Public Health, Development Studies or related fields, Master’s degree preferred
- 3 to 4 years of working experience in planning, implementing and managing health projects (especially rehabilitation of health infrastructure) in the context of humanitarian assistance or development cooperation
- Experience in integration of health, economic development, institutional capacity and other key cross cutting themes (gender, protection, environment)
- Proven experience in project management and design regarding internationally funded grant projects, as well as in project implementation and monitoring & evaluation
- Experience in administrative standards and requirements of (international) donors (German ministries, UN, ECHO, USAID etc.)
- Proven experience in logistics and drug procurements in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate and provide technical support on health topics with diverse groups: health facility staff, managers, bureaucrats, donors, etc.
- Proven communication skills including the ability to effectively motivate people and to diplomatically manage the relationship with local partners, different authorities, and donors
- Excellent ability to lead a team, work in a team and to mediate
- Working experience in South Sudan or the broader region, as well as in other humanitarian settings
- Sensitivity for other cultures, experience in working with different cultures and different backgrounds, strong interest in the local setting and the target groups
- Prepared to work and live with limited resources and under difficult circumstances; physical and mental strength
- Fluency in English (written and spoken), knowledge of German and local Arab is an asset; fully literate in standard software packages (Microsoft Office)
- Starting date: September 1st, 2021
- Duty Station: Yei, South Sudan
- Duration of contract: 12 months (with option for prolongation)
- Salary according to qualification and experience, insurance package, accommodation in team house/apartment, 30 paid leave days per year, 1 home flight per year, R&R
- Please note that this is an unaccompanied position
If you are interested in this position, please apply online at our job portal.Kindly submit your application (CV, letter of motivation, copies of diplomas and three professional references) until August 1st, 2021.
Malteser International is an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all people, regardless of race, color, ethnicity, age, gender, disability, confession, or origin. Qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.