Environmental Health Officer
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees made to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The Yemen Country program was established in 2012, and currently is implementing integrated Health, Nutrition, Environmental Health (WASH), Economic Recovery and Development, Women Protection and Empowerment and Education programming in eight governorates. The Country Program operates with its Country Office in Sana’a and its main Field Office in Aden. Other sub-field offices include Abyan, Hodeida and Al Dhale, with the Al Dhale office covering Lahj, and the Abyan office covering activities in Shabwah.
The Environmental Health Officer- Data Management will be working with the EH Officer at the field level, for data collection, compilations, analysis and sharing. EH-DM also work closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation team, providing support in program indicator tracking and data quality improvement he or she will be reporting to the EH manager and EH Coordinator.
Detailed responsibilities and tasks:
- Ensure the quality of all Environmental Health data reports coming from all field officers, including reviewing databases and reports, checking original data sources.
- Weekly and Monthly data collection and entry as the need arises by working closely with EH officers and assistants in the field.
- Complete and shares reports to EH management and other applicable staff on time as per agreed time table. Reports include Weekly Update Reports, Monthly Reports, ITTs, Clusters Reports, and any other reports as vital.
- Build and maintain a master database for all activities, updating it weekly with incoming data. Graph and follow disease trends and report these to the senior manager/coordinator.
- Create and update data tools and systems as vital and given program developments.
- Work closely with M&E team to conduct KAPs survey, PDMs.
- Build maps to show EH different interventions with the exact locations and any related information.
- Provide orientation and training to EH staff on data entry, expectations, data quality and new data collection tools as needed.
- Attend IRC and external partners meetings as vital.
- Attend IRC training/workshops when required and/or arranged by program.
- Perform any other task needed and requested by supervisor.