Senior Finance Associate G7- Khartoum CO
JOB POSTING INFORMATION:
Opening Date: 13th July 2021.
Closing Date: 27th July 2021
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity & gender balance and encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan's team of Finance team support all Operational finance activities and contribute to the establishment and presentation of standard operating picture of WFP programme portfolio and associated results that facilitate informed and timely decision-making at all levels throughout the organisation? Are you ready to change and save the lives of Sudan's most vulnerable people? if yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for a talented Senior Finance Associate for Khartoum Country Office, Sudan to be hired on a Fixed Term Contract at G7 Level.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 4 million people assisted in 2018. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).
To support planning and coordinate the delivery of finance, budget and administration support services, and supervise and provide guidance to a team of staff ensuring transparent and efficient utilization of financial resources.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Act as an escalation point in providing procedural and technical support to staff within the areas of finance and budget, to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules and regulations.
2. Participate in the development and implementation of financial policies and procedures, interpret and assess the impact of changes and make recommendations on follow up actions, to support setup and implementation of proper accounting procedures, systems and internal controls.
3. Contribute to the improvement of internal processes, enhancement of corporate systems and design of tools, to support transparent and efficient utilization of financial resources.
4. Monitor the daily cash position in order to optimize the use of surplus cash and maximize returns on investment through the liquidity portfolio.
5. Ensure that payments are processed in a timely manner, resolve complex issues relating to the disbursement or replenishment of funds in line with WFP rules and regulations.
6. Contribute to the preparation, implementation and monitoring of budgets, monitor expenditure and budget forecasts, to ensure that relevant future funding requirements are met.
7. Co-ordinate with other teams in order to ensure that all financial and administrative services are being performed efficiently and in line with the needs of the wider team.
8. Monitor account balances and oversee the recording of financial transactions in an accurate and timely manner to avoid the occurrence of an overdraft.
9. Monitor, control and analyse general ledger accounts in order to initiate and achieve corrective actions.
10. Prepare and analyse financial and statistical reports based on the established frequency and provide recommendations for further actions to the Finance Officer or other staff, to facilitate informed decision-making.
11. Co-ordinate and supervise work of other support staff, and support their learning and development in management of financial resources (e.g. managing the petty cash/sub-imprest account, review and analyse vendor and balance sheet accounts, etc.), to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
12. Remain on stand-by at all times and follow standard emergency preparedness practices in order to meet immediate emergency requirements for further service on job and in the field.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate / diploma or university degree in the related functional area.
Language: General Service (Headquarters): Fluency (level C) in English language. Fluency (level C) or intermediate knowledge (level B) of another official language may be required depending on the location of the post or area of responsibility.
General Service (Field): Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has experience analysing, interpreting data and generating reports at national level.
• Coached and trained a new staff member in the RM function.
HOW TO APPLY?
- To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
- In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
- Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE HIGHY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY:
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavor to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing Date: 27th July 2021.
- Qualified female applicants encouraged to apply.
- This position is open ONLY for Sudanese nationals or individuals authorized to work in Sudan according to Sudanese Regulations.
- WFP does not charge any fee at any stage of its recruitment process
- WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/ADIS status.
- Please indicate in your cover letter the duty station(s) you prefer to be deployed should you be a successful candidate.