Financial Education AmeriCorps
Wichita (United States of America)
BACKGROUND: In 2020, the Corporation for National and Community Service awarded the Kansas Office for Refugees (KSOR) an AmeriCorps grant that will fund positions to serve refugees and other vulnerable populations across the state of Kansas. AmeriCorps members serving under this grant will provide job placement, job training, and financial education services at partner sites throughout the state of Kansas.
SCOPE: The Financial Education AmeriCorps will provide financial education and coaching services to empower clients with knowledge of financial products in order to better navigate the U.S. financial system. This position will report to the Program Coordinator at International Rescue Committee in Kansas.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Teach financial education courses to economically disadvantaged populations enrolled in host-site programming
- Research and adapt curriculum and financial tools for client base
- Create and implement virtual financial education to individuals who cannot attend in-person classes
- Work with interpreters to make financial education programs accessible to English learner populations
- Provide financial coaching sessions to clients and develop outreach tools to expand potential financial coaching client base
- Work with Financial Literacy Coordination AmeriCorps VISTA and volunteer department to develop volunteer financial mentoring program for refugee programs
- Work with Financial Literacy Coordination AmeriCorps VISTA to conduct research on local financial resources to leverage in financial coaching sessions
- Work with Financial Literacy Coordination AmeriCorps VISTA to identify community resources and referrals for client needs
- Maintain accurate records are kept tracking client progress through financial education program and ensure timely and accurate compliance with all reporting requirements
- Participate in all program meetings, development activities, and other meetings as needed