Local consultant to provide training for municipal legal officials on Law on general administrative procedure (SSA)
The OSCE Mission in Kosovo through its Governance Section’s project “Cultivating a Human-Centred Approach to Developing Networks of Governance Effectiveness (CHANGE III)”, aims to help government institutions comply with good governance principles, including accountability, transparency and inclusiveness. The project is specifically designed to promote transparency standards at the both levels of government and to strengthen government performance in accordance with the good governance principles.
As part of the project, the Mission will support the Collegium of Legal Officers of the Association of Kosovo Municipalities (AKM), with provision of a professional training workshop. The training will focus on the harmonization of the administrative procedures at the local level in the line with the law on administrative procedures. In this regard, the Mission plans to engage one local consultant who will prepare specific package of training with the obligations foreseen by law, and deliver the professional training for municipal legal officer, in order to support the local administration based on the needs of participant and in line with the specific provisions of the aforementioned law.
Objective of Assignment:
The main objective of this consultancy assignment is to provide the Collegium of Legal Officials of the AKM with a professional training, design and deliver a tailor-made programme for municipal legal officials, on the specific provisions from the law on administrative procedures.
Duration of Assignment:
The consultant will be contracted for a total of ten (10) working days
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of and in co-ordination with the Project Manager,the consultant will:
The Expert shall perform the following tasks:
• Review and compare the old and new laws on administrative procedures and provide a list of advantages that the new law enacts;
• Conduct preparatory meetings with the relevant official of the AKM;
• Draft a preliminary concept paper setting out the principles and the content of the training/capacity building programmes.
• Present to the Governance Section team the preliminary concept paper, before the trainings and programmes to be conducted;
• Prepare, design, develop, and deliver a three-day tailor-made workshop for municipal legal officers.
At the end of the assignment, the local consultant will draft a final report on the performed tasks.
The consultant will report to the GS Activity Manager, while working closely with responsible officials of the AKM. The consultant shall submit the following deliverables:
• Together with GS Activity Manager conduct preparatory meetings with AKM officials and the chairperson of the collegium, to familiarize with the specific training needs and interests;
• Draft preliminary concept paper which sets the principles and the content of the training;
• Prepare the PowerPoint presentation, including the inputs taken by the beneficiaries;
• Delivery of a three-day training workshop;
• Final report.
5 days of Preparatory work
3 days of Workshop
2 days of Report writing
10 days in total
• Effective and efficient communication with the GS team;
• Flexible on possible new instructions to be taken into consideration which may derive from the GS team through his/her assignment;
• Submit final report to the project/activity manager at the latest ten (10) days after the completion of the assigned tasks;
• Timely submission of all the deliverables and other products that are foreseen with this ToR.
• University degree in Law, Public Administration, Policy Making, International Affairs or a related discipline;
• Minimum five (5) years of relevant professional work experience, preferably in area of law drafting, public administration reforms, institution building and other related fields;
• Five (5) years of professional experience in policy coordination and policy settings between government and the public administration;
• Proven experience with the Law on General Administrative Procedure, preferably certified in providing trainings for this law;
• In-depth knowledge of institutional, policy, and organizational challenges and issues related to the administrative procedures, capacity needs assessment, developing and delivering capacity building programmes for the public administration officials;
• Understanding the key principles of residents involvement in the decision making process and aligning those with the required administrative procedures;
• Proven teamwork and leadership skills, working with multi-disciplinary teams;
• Excellent communications skills, including facilitation, oral presentations, writing sections of papers, briefs, independent reports;
• Fluency in English and in local spoken languages in Kosovo.
Remuneration will depend on the qualifications and experience of individual expertsas well as the detailed work plan to be agreed upon and will be based on the current OSCE consultancy rates.
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE's onlineapplication form, found under https://jobs.osce.org/. Applicants are encouragedto use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCEapplications will beaccepted. However, if you have technical diffi culties with the system you mayuse the offl ine application form found underhttps://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offl ine-application-form and forwardthe completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to:email@example.com. In line with your qualifi cations please indicatepreference to one or more fi eld of expertise listed above (while using the onlineapplication the fi eld of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letterpart). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted indiff erent formats than the OSCE Application Form or inother languages thanthe English language would not be considered. The OSCE is committed todiversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualifi ed femaleand male candidates from all national, religious,ethnic and social backgroundsto applyThe OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, tocancel the recruitment or to off er an appointment with a modifi ed jobdescription or for a diff erent duration.