Finance Assistant / Amman
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation
DRC is looking for an experienced Finance Assistant to be responsible for bank cash and finance transactions.
About the job
The individual will report directly to Head of Support Services / Amman. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Processing of petty cash transactions on daily basis. Ensure petty cash is replenished on time to meet daily cash needs. Carry out cash count in monthly basis .
- Prepare payment ensuring that timely and accurate payments are made.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of payment documents in compliance with DRC policies and procedure.
- Ensuring timely preparation of social security payments and deposit into bank.
- Be the focal point at the tax department ensuring timely preparation of income and service tax payments and deposit into bank.
- Visit Bank for necessary collection and submission of financial documents.
- Ensure availability of bank check books.
- Maintain online banking requirements and updates.
- To be prepare and update the country authorization signatures tables.
- To support the closure of the monthly DRC accountancy.
- Regularly follow up with all outstanding advances and make sure that those advances are reconciled on time.
- Resource scheduling for Amman and Expat staff.
- Cover finance in the field offices and cash destrbution when requiered.
- Maintain a filing system to ensure referencing is consistent and vouchers are easily traceable and retrievable.
- Support audit Preparation.
Required / Desirable
- The candidate should have a Bachelor degree in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- An experience 1-2 years.
- A very good level of English speaking, reading and writing.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Designation of Duty Station: Amman
Start date: ASAP
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 28 July 2021
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.