Chief Technical Advisor (CTA) for Census P-5 Port-au-Prince, Haiti
In line with UN/UNFPA policies and guidelines, and in full harmonization with internationally established standards and recommendations for census undertaking, the Chief Technical Advisor will work under the overall guidance of the Director General of Haiti’s Haitian Institute of Statistics and Informatics (IHSI) and the direct supervision of the UNFPA Representative. The Census CTA will also liaise with other national stakeholders and partners, including donors and the United Nations.
How You Can Make a Difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced University degree in Demography, Statistics or related field.
- PhD preferable or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience in the field of population censuses, preferably in a developing country.
- Experience in providing on-the-job training to local staff in data analysis, report writing and use of Internet resources.
- Experience in the dissemination of census data and socio-demographic analyses to broad audiences as well as in motivating the utilization of data and results in development planning and policy issues.
- Proficiency in current Microsoft Office software applications; census data processing software (CSPro, REDATAM), demographic data analysis (Mortpak, Pas), statistical packages (SPSS or Stata) and projection programs (Spectrum, RUP).
- Fluency in written and spoken French is mandatory.
- Working knowledge of English.