Child Protection Senior Officer(Safe Spaces for Children and Mother Baby Corner)
- Ensure that field activities are implemented based on child protection standards, child safeguarding policies and IRC code of conduct.
- Ensure spaces are safe and that activities meet the psychosocial, emotional, social and learning needs if enrolled children;
- Work closely with the CPSO responsible for the outreach and case management component and ensure that the two components are complementary and the approaches are in line with children’s’ best interests;
- Provide daily/weekly technical and management leadership to the SSC and MBC project in Lesvos RIC and in other areas of operation in accordance with best practice, approved project documents and IRC policy;
- Ensure that technically solid SSC and MBC activities are underway and that each safe space and all facilitators receive support and supervision;
- Ensure that vulnerable children identified through the activities are referred to the IRC’s outreach and case management team and that referral pathways are clear and adhered to;
- Ensure that consultations with community are continuous, identify people from the community who can become community facilitators, train them and supervise them;
- Ensure excellent coordination with other IRC programs, partners, or service providers in planning and delivery of SSC and MBC activities;
- Ensure regular communication with the CP Manager and to integrate appropriate technical unit priorities in program design;
- Ensure that records of children/youth and Facilitators attendance are accurately recorded and reported and that all data are collected properly and reflected accurately in IRC and donor reports;
- Ensure that feedback is collected from children and parents/caregivers about the implementation of activities and that feedback is considered in the program cycle;
- Ensure proper documentation and safe storing of all information collected.
Staff Supervision & Development
- Directly supervise all SSC and MBC staff members;
- Directly supervise community facilitators and offer ongoing support and coaching;
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions;
- Ensure timely completion and submission of activity reports, monthly timesheets, probations reviews and annual performance reviews;
- Assist with the recruitment of SSC and MBC staff, in coordination with the CP Manager and HR department;
- Ensure training, support and ongoing capacity building opportunities for staff on technical and project management skills.
Grant Monitoring & Reporting
- Develop and maintain effective and efficient oversight, support, quality control and reporting systems and processes, in cooperation with the M&E team;
- Responsible for monitoring the achievement of field activities;
- Ensure regular field monitoring and modifications as required;
- Monitor and consolidate information collected from weekly and staff activity reports;
- Ensure high-quality IRC and donor reports on activities, indicators and achievements.
Coordination & Representation
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with implementing partners;
- Coordinate effectively and efficiently with partners on the implementation of daily field activities;
- Coordinate with other IRC sectors (e.g. WPE, Protection, Health and Livelihoods) to receive and provide input and support regarding responses for children harmed and at risk of being harmed;
- Work closely and coordinates with IRC Supply Chain department for operational tasks of the project;
- Actively develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders, including donors, government actors, UN agencies, international and local NGOs, and other relevant actors;
- Regularly attend CP sub-cluster meetings at appropriate levels to contribute to coordinator of child protection responses across agencies.