Human Resources Associate (Operations) SC6
SAVING LIVES. CHANGING LIVES.
WHAT IMPACT WILL YOU HAVE WORKING WITH US?
My WFP Story
"I was drawn to WFP's mandate to alleviate human suffering in this area of food access and food security. I also wanted to be part of an organization that is transforming lives and making a difference" -HR Officer
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetime. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The WFP Regional Bureau for Eastern and Central Africa (RBN) is based in Nairobi and provides strategic direction, technical guidance, resource mobilization, and management support to WFP operations and activities in ten countries: Burundi, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, and Uganda.
The job holder typically reports to an HR Officer.
At this level, the job holder is expected to use initiative and knowledge within an area of expertise to independently respond to queries with general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis and identify potential areas of risk for WFP. The job holder may be expected to manage resources and coach and coordinate a team of support staff.
To deliver a full range of HR support services to ensure accurate implementation of WFP policies and procedures and facilitate the effective functioning of client-focused and strategy-oriented HR services
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Strategic Management, Social Sciences, or other relevant fields. HR Certification a plus.
Working Experience: Three to five years’ experience of providing support and/or oversight in Human Resources Operations such as Payroll Management, Contracting including at least three (3) years in Human Resources Administration.
Language: Fluency in English, both oral and written. Intermediate knowledge of other UN languages would be an advantage.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
What you will do:
- Execute and manage the monthly Payroll for National Staff in the organization/Office.
- Respond concisely and effectively to various internal and external queries, to ensure that clients are well-informed and that HR team activities are aligned with broader WFP objectives.
- Review and compile a variety of data on staff recruitment and selection, contractual conditions, entitlements, performance and training requirements, workforce, etc., to support analysis and reporting needs.
- Prepare a range of complex HR documentation required for the specific area of work (e.g. employment contracts, transfer/separation letters, training-related documents, etc.) ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines.
- Use HR management systems for reviewing, entering, and updating various HR data, including monitoring various deadlines (e.g. contract expiration, PACE, etc), ensuring compliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of HR data.
- Co-ordinate the maintenance of confidential personnel records, HR databases, and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards
- Monitor staff deployment and handle related administrative actions, including preparing reports, to support efficient HR service enabling WFP to respond quickly to a crisis
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES contd...
- Assist with a wide range of complex HR queries and follow-up actions, to ensure consistent and high-quality HR services are delivered to clients.
- Allocate responsibilities and support on-the-job learning and development of junior support staff to ensure they have adequate knowledge of HR systems and procedures required to perform their duties and subsequently contribute to effective HR services.
- Identify evolving needs of the organization and recommend changes in HR processes and procedures, to support improvements in HR services.
- Support activities in the areas of work allocated by the professional officer in compliance with relevant processes and procedures.
- Support and deliver onboarding for new staff joining WFP, to ensure that relevant processes are followed and the conditions of terms of service are explained and understood.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Type of Contract:
Service Contract - SC6
Nairobi Regional Bureau, Kenya
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
July 13, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WFP has zero-tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.