Senior Technology Support Associate,SC7,Cox's Bazar
Are you ready to change lives and save the lives of the world's most vulnerable people?
If yes, this opportunity is for you!
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is a leading organization delivering food assistance and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. We also support governments of developing countries in their efforts to eliminate hunger and malnutrition by addressing the underlying causes and disparities in access to food and good nutrition to ensure that no one is left behind in line with the Agenda 2030, Sustaining Peace and Agenda for Humanity. WFP is particularly focused on Goal 2 (Zero Hunger) and Goal 17 (Partnerships). Delivering on our mandate of Zero Hunger requires us to have a diverse, inclusive and gender-balanced workforce.
The 2020 Nobel Peace Prize awarded to WFP is recognition that ending hunger is a critical first step towards global peace. WFP recognizes that one of the greatest contributions it can make to humanity is to provide a voice to the 690 million hungry people in the world. The Nobel Peace Prize gives us a platform to make their needs heard and to mobilize support for the assistance they need.
WFP supports over 1.4 million people in Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh including over 860,000 Rohingya refugees and host community Bangladeshi under the L2 emergency operation. WFP provides food and nutrition assistance to the entire refugee population in the world’s largest refugee camp as well as school meals, nutrition service, and livelihood support to host communities in Cox’s Bazar.
The Senior Technology Support Associate will work under the general supervision of the Head of Digital Solutions & Innovation. The assigned will mobilize, implement, and support Digital Transformation activities to ensure selected digital solutions/tools are fully implemented and functioning. They will also support in planning plan the roll-out process, including training, change management, partner management, and installation of technical packages.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the supervision of the Information Systems Officer, the candidate will:
- Focus on delivering value for Programme activities and implementation partners using selected Digital Solutions
- Support business owners and product owners to ensure each solution meets a specific need
- Engage with business partners to find opportunities for improvements in processes and digital solutions
- Support the implementation of cooperative solutions and non-cooperate ones
- Provide early life support for newly implemented solutions including but not limited to field operations
- Engage field solution users in training and be the first line of technical support
- Train end users on delivered tools to ensure knowledge handover to relevant business teams
- Prepare project documentation such as user guides and flowcharts
- Liaise with Programme unit’s information managers to ensure service support levels are maintained
- Provide support for data visualization and reporting to both the Digital Transformation unit and other relevant Programme units.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Masters/Bachelor degree in Information Systems, MIS, and any other related field
6 years of experience with minimum 4 years of relevant progressive work experience, including experience in:
- Analysis and re-design of business processes or applications;
- Implementation of IT systems or data solutions preferably in the humanitarian sector.
- Assistance with change management procedures, activities, and processes at HQ/central and/or Field Office.
- Technical documentation of IT solutions.
- Information management and data visualization.
- Database management.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge in Microsoft Solutions such MS Teams, SharePoint, Power Automate and Office 365.
- Experienced with writing complicated formula in Excel (Knowledge of Python, SQL and HTML will be given preference).
- Fast learner
- Ability to work in multi-cultural and multi-ethic environments.
Fluency (level C) in English language. Knowledge of local language will be an advantage.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Contract Type : Service Contract
Contract Duration : 12 Months
Duty Station : Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
Nationality : Bangladeshi only
Monthly Salary : BDT 133,187
No of post : One (1)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Tuesday, 27 July 2021 23:59 GMT
This vacancy announcement is for Bangladeshi Nationals. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply through the WFP careers website: LINK
Female applicants and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organisation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection & recruitment process, and for work-related needs upon joining the Programme. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.