Technology Support Officer,SC8, Cox's Bazar
Are you ready to change lives and save the lives of the world's most vulnerable people?
If yes, this opportunity is for you!
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is a leading organization delivering food assistance and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. We also support governments of developing countries in their efforts to eliminate hunger and malnutrition by addressing the underlying causes and disparities in access to food and good nutrition to ensure that no one is left behind in line with the Agenda 2030, Sustaining Peace and Agenda for Humanity. WFP is particularly focused on Goal 2 (Zero Hunger) and Goal 17 (Partnerships). Delivering on our mandate of Zero Hunger requires us to have a diverse, inclusive and gender-balanced workforce.
The 2020 Nobel Peace Prize awarded to WFP is recognition that ending hunger is a critical first step towards global peace. WFP recognizes that one of the greatest contributions it can make to humanity is to provide a voice to the 690 million hungry people in the world. The Nobel Peace Prize gives us a platform to make their needs heard and to mobilize support for the assistance they need.
WFP supports over 1.4 million people in Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh including over 860,000 Rohingya refugees and host community Bangladeshi under the L2 emergency operation. WFP provides food and nutrition assistance to the entire refugee population in the world’s largest refugee camp as well as school meals, nutrition service, and livelihood support to host communities in Cox’s Bazar.
The Technology Support Officer will serve as the liaison between the business units and the Digital solutions unit, leveraging the requesting units’ requirements and Digital Solutions’ implementation methodology. The assigned will also support in the selection and implementation of digital solutions which achieve the highest quality in terms of technical standards, user experience, and adherence to WFP IT standards. He or she will also be responsible for translating business needs to IT solutions, and vice versa, with current programs, projects, and initiatives to improve beneficiary, partner, and internal experience for Bangladesh CO functional units. Under the general supervision and guidance of the Scale-Up Project Manager, the assigned will maintain a deployment plan; ensure the infrastructure is in place and the selected solution fully implemented and functioning. They will also plan the roll-out process, including training, change management, partner management, and installation of technical packages.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Focus on delivering value for business partners and clients using select digital solutions
2. Support business owners and product owners to ensure each solution meets a specific need
3. Engage with business partners to find opportunities for improvements in processes and digital solutions
4. Support the implementation of cooperate solutions and non-cooperate ones
5. Support analysing build vs buying a solution when a business need arises
6. Provide early life support for newly implemented solutions including but not limited to the field
7. Act as the 2nd line of support for technical issues in digital tools/solutions used by programme and operations
8. Consult with peers and management on the newest technology and its implications to programme and operational activities
9. Train end users on delivered tools to ensure knowledge handover to relevant business teams
10. Prepare project documentation such as user guides and flowchart
11. Liaise with the product management and service support teams to ensure service support levels are maintained
12. Evaluate, test, and recommend new opportunities for enhancing digital solutions in CO
13. Demonstrated progress on delivery of corporate solutions with tracking of activities as per CO digital roadmap
14. Product artifacts like training guides, and related data tools as required
15. Data visualization and reports.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Master’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, software engineering or any other related field
8 years with minimum 3 years of relevant progressive work experience, including experience in:
- Analysis and re-design of business processes or applications;
- Working with teams and team processes;
- Implementation of IT systems or data solutions preferably in the humanitarian sector.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience with LAN/WAN, servers, and cloud computing
- Knowledge in Microsoft solutions such as MS Teams, SharePoint, and Office 365
- Experience with any programming language
- Database and data visualization
- Good knowledge of WFP’s IT landscape and its related processes/procedures would be an advantage.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environments
- Quick learner.
- Fluency (level C) in English language is mandatory,
- Knowledge of local language will be an advantage.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Contract Type : Service Contract
Contract Duration: 12 Months
Duty Station: Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
Nationality: Bangladeshi only
Monthly Salary : BDT 207,253
No of post: One (1)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Tuesday, 27 July 2021 23:59 GMT
This vacancy announcement is for Bangladeshi Nationals. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply through the WFP careers website: LINK
Female applicants and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organisation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection & recruitment process, and for work-related needs upon joining the Programme. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.