Protection Team Leader -Case Management
Duty Station: Myitkyina, Kachin state (with field travel within Bhamo)
Reporting to: Project Manager – Protection
Direct report: Protection Assistant – Case Management
The overall purpose of this position
- Supervise protection assistants for case management in case management team
- Deliver technical support and guidance to case management team
- Ensure the quality of the planning, implementation and follow up of all technical aspects of the case management activities being implemented by DRC
- Develop and maintain good relations with the persons of concern, relevant stakeholders and other humanitarian actors, to support adequate implementation and coordination of DRC’s case management activities
Sector responsibilities: Advocacy for the rights of displaced people in their context of displacement, case management, community-based protection activities, monitoring of rights and rights awareness-raising.
Geographic scope: Area (Kachin)
This role has an area focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the area. The role contributes to the development of area strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to base operations.
- Lead and manage the case management team (including people planning, performance, well-being and development)
- Ensure effective planning and quality implementation of the case management activities
- Ensure daily monitoring of area of intervention
- Asses the daily quality of the case management activities implemented
- Provide technical support and inputs to the case management team
- Reporting to Technical and Line Manager of high-risk cases identified
Programming & Operations
- Ensure efficient and effective program implementation while following the budget and work plan
- Participate in preparing monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/reports and proposals and budgets for donors
- Support the MEAL team in carrying out monitoring and evaluation exercises
Coordination and representation
- Collaborate with relevant internal and external technical experts on sector relevant issues
- Represent DRC at meetings and other relevant sub sectors/working groups meetings
- Ensure integration with other DRC sectors (livelihoods and DDG)
- Support the Project Manager- Protection in developing project plans and budgets for funding
- Support the Project Manager -Protection in developing projects tools
- Coordinate with the MEAL department to facilitate project monitoring and evaluation activities
- Support the monitoring of financial commitments and expenditures against budgets and provide timely feedback on budget follow-up
- Plan and coordinate proactively logistics and movements of staff from and to different operational areas
- Initiate procurements and ensure their execution
- Ensure distribution plans are prepared and shared with logistics in a timely manner
- Ensure compliance with DRC/DDG guidelines and policies on HR, admin, finance, and logistics;
- Ensure adherence to DRCIDDG's national staff policy guidelines.
- Perform any other relevant tasks as requested by Project Manager – Protection and Protection Programme Manager
- Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Qualification and minimum requirement
- Minimum 3 years of management experience at a mid to senior level, preferably with experience in the field of humanitarian response, case management, and IDPs protection working for an international NGO, UN agency, relevant ministry, or local authority.
- Minimum 3 years of practical experience in protection area working for an INGO
- Proven management skills and a competence in people management
- Commitment to learning and implementing organizational policies and procedures.
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Fluency in local languages (Myanmar, Kachin)
- Additional local languages would be an asset
- Field experience in IDPs camps
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- Master's degree in political science, international development, economics or other relevant field
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Fluent English proficiency
- Full proficiency in local languages (Myanmar and Kachin)
- Understanding of operational context in Kachin State;
- Understanding of humanitarian response principles;
- Strong understanding of Case Management intervention;
- Strong understanding of Human Rights.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- Starting date of employment: (As soon as possible).
- Salary: Competitive salary according to DRC Myanmar salary scale.
This position is open for Myanmar National Only. DRC strongly advocates for equal opportunity and promotes a diversified and inspiring working environment. Therefore, qualified candidates of ethnic minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants who meet the above-mentioned requirements should apply by submitting their applications in English (consisting of Cover Letter and CV of no more than 4 pages, including contact details of 3 professional references) and CV only applications will not be considered. Apply button.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for a written test in English and a face-to-face interview.
- After the closing date, applications are not to be considered. Please note that due to the urgency of this position, applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis and DRC reserves the right to initiate the recruitment process before the deadline for applications.
Deadline for submission of applications: 28-July-2021 (COB)