Business Support Assistant (IT) |SSA4| Kabul
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. WFP has been working in Afghanistan since 1963. WFP food assistance aims to help the most vulnerable, food-insecure Afghans, including women and children, and families affected by conflict and natural disasters. In the approved Country Strategic Plan (2018-2022), WFP Afghanistan is well placed to provide comprehensive support to the country in achieving Zero Hunger by 2030 via its six closely interrelated outcomes, which range from emergency response to livelihoods creation, as well as nutrition Programmes based on a life-cycle approach, and the strengthening of national food systems.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We are the world's largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters, and the impact of climate change.
This position is based in Kabul Country Office, ICT Unit. Job holder performs administrative support functions in the front office and support to team. The incumbent will direct report to the Head of Unit or the designate.
At this level, work is carried out under minimal supervision. Job holder is expected to produce organised and accurate work, undertaking ICT business support activities. She/he may offer guidance on standard practices to more junior staff in their area of work.
To deliver standard business support processes to ICT Unit, to facilitate effective service delivery. Under the direct supervision of Head of ICT Unit the incumbent will provide support and assistance to ICT Unit and if required, provide support to staff members in Country Office and Field Offices.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff.
- Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
- Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
- Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
- Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff to support clients to deliver their work.
- Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
- To ensure Purchase requisitions/Order are in place for all ICT services (GSM, Satellite phones, Internet, electricity and Goods).
- Contract management of all ICT Services related agreements.
- Timely payment processing for all ICT services and equipment.
- Management of SIM cards and connection for GSM, Satellite phones.
- Preparation ICT Staff Travel Authorization, Travel Expenses Clearance, trip documents and flight booking.
- Records update, filling system management, attendance sheet updating and reporting, and transportation arrangement for ICT staff.
- To ensure that ICT weekly meetings are held, and planning activities are updated ICT unit.
- Goods and services receipt note processing in the ERP.
- Monitoring and action on WFP Invoice Tracking system to ensure all invoices are processed on timely manner.
- Managing of the WFP Telephone billing system.
- Updating all ICT related document (agreements, Thuraya and Began Contact list etc.) in WFP cloud.
- Service Management
- Client Management
- Procurement and Contract management
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of High school education.
Experience: Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the Information Technology related business stream with experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
• Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
• Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
• Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
Language: General Service (Headquarters): Fluency (level C) in English language. Fluency (level C) or intermediate knowledge (level B) of another official language may be required depending on the location of the post or area of responsibility.
General Service (Field): Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Position Title: Business Support Assistant (IT)
Grade: Special Service Agreement - Level 4 (SSA4)
Contract: Special Service Agreement (SSA) - 6 months
Duty Station/travel: Kabul, Afghanistan
Salary: Competitive remuneration package
Medical Plan: International valid medical plan valid also for staff, spouse and dependents children under 18 years
WFP Work Environment
WFP is committed to ensuring that all its workplaces are free from abuse, offensive behaviour, harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. WFP is also committed to promoting a work culture in which every employee understands, and is able to carry out, his/her personal responsibilities for maintaining the dignity of work colleagues. WFP seeks to promote gender equality and the empowerment of women. We believe our mission of fighting global hunger worldwide can only be achieved if women, men, girls and boys are offered equal opportunities in terms of access to resources and services and participation in decision making roles.
Female candidates and indivituals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Tuesday, 27 July 2021
Female applicants and individuals with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.