UNDP - Project Manager, NCE, Attraction of investors in Energy Efficiency
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The Project aims to advance energy efficiency of buildings, infrastructure, and other facilities in Kazakhstan by attracting investment from private investors, banks and international financial institutions via the design, piloting, and scale-up of a partial guarantee scheme supporting bank loans to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) that have limited access to credit due to their lack of suitable collateral.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and coordinate the Project and ensure its results in accordance with the Project document and the rules and procedures established in the UNDP POPP. Bear responsibility for the day-to-day management of the - both organizational and substantive issues - budgeting, planning and overall monitoring of the Project;
- Develop the Annual Work Plans in accordance with the Project Document and ensure adherence to the Project work plan, and to revise the work plan if required;
- Prepare and reconcile UNDP Terms of Reference for national and international consultants and subcontractors. Supervise the work of consultants and subcontractors and oversee adherence to the agreed work plan;
- Monitor expenditures, commitments and balance of funds within the Project budget and make changes to the budget as necessary. Have overall responsibility for achieving budget utilization targets set in the agreed annual work plans, Project reporting and monitoring. Liaise with Project partners to ensure their declared co-financing within the agreed terms;
- Be responsible for reporting on the progress of the Project based on the indicators specified in the logical framework of the Project;
- Provide technical assistance and coordination of Project activities, results and technical coordination among the consultants who will be hired by the Project.
- Maintain regular contacts with the UNDP Country Office in Kazakhstan and the Government partner on the implementation of the Project within the relevant competencies. Ensure adequate flow of information, discussion and feedback among the various stakeholders in the Project;
- Carry out any other activities related to the Project, as requested by UNDP or the government.
- demonstrates integrity and fairness by modelling UN values and ethical standards;
- demonstrates professional competence and is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results;
- displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- excellent communication skills, including the ability to convey complex concepts and recommendations, both orally and in writing, in a clear and persuasive style tailored to match different audiences;
- conceptual clarity on mainstreaming in general, and gender mainstreaming in particular;
- ability to interact, establish and maintain effective working relations with a culturally diverse team, as a team member, to build trust, and to manage in a deliberate, transparent and predictable way;
- ability to establish and maintain productive partnerships with national partners and stakeholders and pro-activeness in identifying of beneficiaries and partners’ needs and matching them to appropriate solutions.
- ability to develop clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies;
- ability to identify priority activities and tasks and allocate appropriate time and resources for effective and efficient work completion;
- ability to monitor progress against milestones and deadlines;
- ability to handle effectively multiple tasks without compromising quality, team spirit and positive working relationships;
- ability to foresee risks and develop mitigation strategies.
Required Skills and Experience
Min. Academic Education:
- Master’s degree in one or more of the following areas: engineering, environmental sciences, international relations, business administration or related sciences.
Min. years of relevant Work experience:
- At least 9 years of experience in managing project/program including coordination a large multi-stakeholder project in the field of energy saving and energy efficiency, and ability to respond flexibly to the political, technical and managerial challenges (Bachelor degree with additional 2 years of relevant experience).
- At least 5 years in the implementation of organizational and financial schemes to support energy efficiency (for example, ESCO, PPP, etc.) including the ability to administer the budgets.
- Experience in working with ministries and/or other national institutions, and ability to work effectively with fellow partners at all levels and with all groups.
- Knowledge in the field of energy efficiency, supporting energy efficiency in Kazakhstan, financing energy efficiency, reducing the impact on the global climate, including the political, institutional and socio-economic contexts.
- Experience in the UN system in implementing Government cost-sharing projects would be an asset.
- Advanced level of working in windows environment, strong drafting skills.
- Fluency in English and Kazakh and/or Russian is required.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.