ROSTER Temporary - Technical Officer (Partnerships) - National Professional Officer
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMMEThe mission of WHO's Health Emergencies Programme is to help countries, and to coordinator international action, to prevent, prepare for, detect, rapidly respond to, and recover from outbreaks and emergencies.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIESEnsure timely and proper implementation of the National Health Sector NGOs Strategic Plan as well as working together as a network of service providers in the health sector.Liaise and coordinate with existing and potential NGO partners to renew or establish partnerships in delivery of health care in areas of need.Receive proposals from qualified NGOs for partnership in the delivery of the basic essential package of healthcare, analyze, process and make recommendations on the successful proposals.Conduct due diligence and risk assessment on WHO's engagement with National Health Sector NGOs, develop list of NGOs qualified for annual Memorandum of Understanding MOUs and ensure approvals with the Regional and HQ Offices on an annual basis.Be responsible for the renewal or termination of contracts, with timely reporting and feedbacks.Review and improve on WHO's NGO partnerships' monitoring mechanisms to ensure relevant and timely reporting by NGO implementing partners, including field/site visits to implementing partners.Identify gaps in performance towards the objectives of the Unit and oversee recruitment and management of short-term consultants to complement the work of the Unit towards achievement of their objectives.
EducationEssential: University degree in social sciences, Law or Business administration
Desirable: Master's degree in social sciences/ Business Administration
ExperienceEssential: At least 1 year of experience in health systems coordination. project management and collaboration with partners. Experience in developing countries.
Desirable: Experience in UN organizations/agencies, International institutions or NGOs.
SkillsGood knowledge of health system and policy process.Knowledge of WHO mandate and goals and procedures and policies Ability to summarize and prepare clear and precise papers and documents. Ability to work independently and under pressure.Excellent ability to work and deliver quality results in pressing and conflicting priorities
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Knowing and managing yourself
Use of Language SkillsEssential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Local language.
REMUNERATIONRemuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 22,983 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO's workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.