ROSTER for Fixed-Term, G6 Assistant WR
Roster for Fixed-Term, G6 Assistant WR
THE VACANCY NOTICE MAY BE USED TO FILL OTHER POSITIONS AT THE SIMILAR OR LOWER LEVEL OR ON DIFFERENT CONTRACTUAL MODALITY
Purpose of the Position:
To ensure the smooth flow of work in WR’s office, in coordination with a range of internal and external stakeholders. The incumbent coordinates key routine functions of the Representative's office with different staff and sectors.
Summary of Assigned Duties (Describe what the incumbent has to do to achieve main objectives; include main achievements expected):
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Arrange and maintain WR's calendar of appointments, internal/external meetings including with high-ranking officials, receive visitors, place and receive telephone calls and answer queries, provide informal translation and take notes during meetings, as required.
- Receive, screen and route correspondence; undertake searches for information and provide background, as required; compile briefing materials needed by the Representative for use on official trips or special meetings, select and make pertinent abstracts.
- Maintain contacts with different external partners including counterparts and officials in government institutions and diplomatic missions as needed; keep close contacts with counterparts in sister UN agencies; arrange and coordinate meetings as appropriate, maintain follow up system in relation to external contacts.
- Draft routine correspondence, type documents and reports, some of which are confidential, prepare tables, graphs and power point presentations, review correspondence/ document for conformity with established procedures and accuracy of statements.
- Organize the WR’s travel this includes raising travel requests in the Global Management System (GSM), requesting itineraries, obtaining visas, arranging hotel bookings, requesting security clearance, etc., and following up/keeping records on the submission of the WR’s duty travel reports.
- Ensure timely renewal of WR’s residency permits, UN Laissez Passer and other personal documents.
- Maintain and update the WR’s library, list of contacts of different stakeholders, technical records, reference material and confidential files (paper based and electronic copies).
- Take proactive follow-up action and keep the WR informed. Promptly route all correspondence, directives and requests to the Representative for timely action and/or signature
- Respond and/or direct inquiries to the appropriate Unit for timely action and/or response. Maintain and organize up to date hard and electronic files for easy access and retrieval
- Review in GSM purchase orders for catalogue and non-catalogue items, ensure adherence to WHO rules and procedures; follow up with concerned parties customs clearance, receipt of deliverables, storage, installation and finalization of payments.
- Ensure proper maintenance of WRO equipment and report on asset inventory
- Assist in administrative matters and meetings as needed, including briefing junior administrative staff and replace other staff as required.
Essential: Completion of secondary school, supplemented by secretarial training and Computer Training.
Desirable: University degree in business administration, social sciences or related field is an asset
Essential: At least eight years’ progressive secretarial/administrative experience.
Desirable: Relevant experience in the UN system.
Excellent knowledge of English and local language. French is an asset
Describe the core, management competencies required - See WHO competency model - list in order of priority, commencing with the most important ones (identify a minimum of three and a maximum of five competencies):
1) Communicating in a Credible and Effective Way
2) Producing Results
3) Fostering Integration and Team Work
4) Knowing and managing yourself
5) Moving forward in a changing environment
WHO global Competencies model at http://www.who.int/employment/WHO_competencies_EN.pdf?ua=1
Functional Skills and Knowledge (Describe the essential knowledge and the skills specific to the position):
- Good drafting skills.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Very good time management and stress management skills.
- Knowledge of WHO rules, manuals, procedures, practice and WHO Style Guide, as applicable to the administrative level an asset.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at $ 17723 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy is used to replenish the roster of the G6 Assistant WR positions in the Regional Office, it is to be used for filling temporary and fixed term positions.
- Applicants must ensure that their profiles on Stellis are properly completed and updated.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
(UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
- Duration of contract will depend on the needs of the department / unit.
For assessment of your application, please ensure that: 1- Your profile is properly completed and updated; 2- All required details regarding your qualifications, education and training are provided; 3- Your experience records are entered with elaboration on tasks performed at the time. Kindly note that CVs/PHFs inserted via LinkedIn are not accessible.