Digital media communications
New Delhi (India)
Since 1951, UNDP has been working and partnering with different public private sector organizations in India to Strengthen Systems and Institutions and promote Inclusive Growth and Livelihoods as well as Sustainable Energy, Environment and Resilience, with a focused agenda to leave no one behind.
UNDP India’s Communications department works closely with the verticals listed above, ensuring that the organizations’ communication reaches all its stakeholders – the government, private sector partners, implementation partners, beneficiaries and the general public. This is done by leveraging strategic communication tools, as well as by creating effective campaigns, community outreach, and media engagements.
Objective of the Assignment
UNDP India’s Communications unit is looking for a consultant who will create content for its website and social media channels as well as upload content on all its digital platforms.
The consultant will write, edit and review a wide range of communications material for UNDP in India to support implementation of internal and external communication and outreach strategies.
The digital media consultant will support and strengthen the social media activities on key priority issues and support country level activation of global communication campaigns.
Duties and Responsibilities
The consultant will work closely with the Digital Communications Associate to create and upload content for the UNDP website and digital platforms as per the briefing provided by UNDP.
The consultant will be expected to:
- Serve as a web editor for UNDP India website geared towards strengthening the organization’s web presence.
- Ensure that UNDP India social media channels are regularly updated and contribute to create a discourse around key priority areas, engaging in the discussion millennials, key influencers, media, and other key stakeholders.
- Ensure the production of communication products and materials for social media channels and other digital platforms is timely executed and followed up to support country online communication strategy.
- Provide assistance to develop, implement and M&E digital campaigns, ensuring that regular contact with creative agencies, vendors, and partners involved in campaigns is established.
- Coordinate all translation work and ensure the best quality possible, in line with audience needs and context.
Communications Specialist, UNDP India
Deliverables for the proposed engagement would include:
- Draft, edit and upload content on UNDP website in close collaboration with communication and programme staff.
- Generate content and regular updates for UNDP India’s social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
- Collaborate with project and state teams, content creators and designers in the planning, production, and optimization of content.
- Assist in curating stories and researching quality images and videos in UNDP India database.
- Co-ordinate and execute live coverage of events on social media channels through Facebook Live, real-time tweets, Instagram stories, etc.
- Strategize and plan posts for important UN days and other occasions.
- Support the effective management of the Communications Unit and perform all other tasks assigned by Supervisor to support time-bound deliverables.
- Monitor and evaluate social media activities, and ensure results and reports are prepared and shared on a timely basis to optimize online communication efforts.
- Adhere to UNDP and UN social media guidelines and global good practice while following tasks above.
Duration of the assignment
1 August to 31 December
The consultant may be required to work on Saturdays and Sundays, based on the requirements of the assignment.
Payment shall be released monthly number of days worked during the month upon submission of progress report which will be approved by Project Officer.
Maximum working will be 110 days.
Copyright for all written, edited, and designed material rests with UNDP India. No material may be used/published or reproduced without prior permission from UNDP India.
- Excellent visual and communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate and achieve actionable results.
- Self-motivated and able to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a constantly evolving work environment.
- Excellent knowledge of content management systems and social media tools.
- Ability for problem-solving, multi-tasking, meeting deadlines and working under pressure.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Required Skills and Experience
Required skills and experience
- Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Business Communication or Creative Writing, Social Media and Marketing or similar fields.
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience in media, communications or public relations, preferably in the non-profit sector, with specific emphasis on social media and digital strategy.
- At least 3 years’ experience handling a website and running multiple social media channels for a large organization, preferably in the social sector.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality, creative communication collaterals for social media.
- Proficient in the use of Adobe Creative Suite, Canva and other content development tools.
- Experience in the usage of content management systems is highly desirable.
- Fluency in English and Hindi is required (oral & written).
Interested individuals must submit the documents mentioned below as proposals to demonstrate their qualifications.
All applications must contain the following information:
- Cover letter with a summary statement of competencies, motivation rationalising how the applicant meets the qualifications and can deliver the requirements of the Terms of Reference (TOR) and indicating earliest availability and propose schedule for the consultancy;
- Links to publications or a 2-page writing sample
The contract shall be awarded to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation.
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points (70% of the total technical points) would be considered for the Financial Evaluation.
• Technical Criteria weight: 70%
• Financial Criteria weight: 30%
Technical criteria (70% of the total evaluation)
1. Criteria 1: Prior experience (25%)
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience in media, communication or public relations (with focus on content management systems and social media strategy) - 25%
2. Criteria 2: Demonstrated knowledge on digital media strategy (35%)
- Prior experience/expertise of handling a website and running multiple social media channels, preferably in the development sector (15%)
- Prior experience of formulating social media strategies demonstrated through at least 2 large social media campaigns (10%)
- Understanding of digital media strategy and creating viral content for multiple social media platforms (10%)
3. Criteria 3: Technical knowledge (10%)
- Consultant should be proficient in the use of Adobe Creative Suite, Canva or other similar content development tools (10%)
Technically qualified consultants will be requested to submit their lump sum rate, i.e., consultants who score more than 70% or 49 marks with respect to the above-mentioned evaluation criteria. The consultant should not specify their consultancy fee on their CV or with the submission. The CV will not be evaluated further in case the consultant submits the same.