Monitoring and Evaluation Manager South Sudan
South Sudan (South Sudan)
About the role
The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will be responsible for leading the strategic direction and quality assurance of monitoring and evaluation activities in the country office. The M&E Manager will design and implement strategy, SOPs, and budget for M&E which ensures the CO is meeting and exceeding M&E minimum standards. The role holder will also be repsonsible for planning for and generating the evidence and learning required to feed into programme and strategic decision making. Ideally the role holder should have a strategic mind and experience in the design of Country Programmes.
Responsibilities of this position
- Work with the Programme Unit and Area Field Teams to support their design of theories of change, M&E tools, and indicator profiles. Work with the Area Offices to develop their M&E plans;
- Develop and/or participate in development of guidance and frameworks for CO procedures, policies and processes that assist in institutionalizing and supporting M+E in the country mission;
- Participate in the Country Strategy to ensure M&E remains a high priority in the country programme; with support to Specialists with the use of monitoring and evaluation results in the programme workshops;
- Develop/Review M&E Plan, logical framework, indicator Performance Tracking Table (IPTT), Performance Indicator Reference Sheets (PIRS), Monitoring Plan, Data Management Plan, Data Quality Assurance Plan, Staffing Plan and Evaluation Plan;
- Lead on the selection, definition, target-setting, and monitoring of indicators that measure the project’ key outputs and outcomes;
- Conduct outcome planning sessions twice a year with all programme teams.
- Support programme teams to develop data collection methodologies and tools, and systems for on-going data analysis;
- Review outcome monitoring reports produced by programme teams to improve quality, and mentor CC teams and file/report the finalized results.
To be successful in this position you should have:
- At least 5 - 7 years of demonstrated management experience in the design, implementation, and oversight of monitoring, evaluation, and research for large to mid-scale international projects or programmes;
- Advanced degree in economics, research methods, social sciences or a related field;
- Excellent analytic, communication, interpersonal, writing, collaboration, problem-solving, planning/organizing, and facilitation skills;
- Advanced experience in qualitative and quantitative data analysis and tools
- Fluency in spoken and written English;
- Experience within supporting M&E for one of NRC’s core competencies is an asset;
- Knowledge of UN system, experience with field level coordination with UN organizations, INGOs, Donors and authorities.
Please see the full job description on this link.