WPE Adolescent Girl Officer
Kachin State (Myanmar)
Scope of Work: The WPE Adolescent Girl Officer is responsible for overseeing the Girl Shine Program, part of the IRC’s WPE activities in Kachin. She will provide technical support to Partner organization’s Girl Shine Facilitators and is responsible for ensuring that project implementation is of high quality and standards. The position is responsible for ensuring all group activities targeted at girls include the Girl Shine curriculum and this curriculum are carried out correctly and will oversee and lead all awareness raising and information dissemination activities with the community to ensure the activities have the support of participant families and the local community. The position requires a personal commitment to advancing women’s and girls’ empowerment and gender equality. The position will also ensure data collection and entry is completed accurately and in a timely manner, for monitoring and evaluation purposes, and will review and submit to Program Manager on a monthly basis. The WPE Adolescent Girl Officer will report directly to the WPE Manager and will be based in Myitkyina.
- Reinforce adherence to the GBV guiding principles and Girl Shine Program Guiding Principles throughout all activities.
- Provide supervision, coaching, and training to Partner organization’s Adolescent Girl Facilitators.
- Determine with communities the appropriate psychosocial or life skills groups for adolescent girls.
- Ensure PSS and life skills activities follow the IRC’s Girl Shine curriculum, and modify the Girl Shine curriculum for context and time with the assistance of Program Manager.
- Identify and refer vulnerable girls to access case management services.
- Provide support to Girls Shine Facilitators in handling referrals as needed.
- Ensure all activities have proper and adequate materials, resources, and are delivered on schedule.
- Design and prepare the training aids- IEC materials for the girl shine life skill session and facilitating the roll out process and working closely with WPE program implementers in IEC development process as required.
- Design and facilitate awareness and engagement activities for parents and caregivers and the larger community.
- Support in translation of needed program related documents from English version to Myanmar version as required.
- Organizing and facilitating regular coordination meeting strengthening the network of CSOs especially women organizations to reduce and aware on GBV in communities.
- Identify program gaps and needs and communicate and work with Program Manager to respond, addressing issues raised by staff, participants, and community.
- Conduct twice a month facilitation spot-checks for partner facilitators in GBV education session and other prevention activities/sessions.
- Conduct regular team meeting with partner facilitators and community focal points.
- Prepare and submit monthly, and quarterly work plans and compile monthly activity report in a timely manner for supervisor review and feedback.
- Collect M&E data from staff and review on a monthly basis and submit to WPE Manager.
- Ensure monitoring and data collection is conducted regular and in line with relevant standards and procedures, including donor requirements.
- Ensure proper documentation for activity related records.
- Ensure that all activities relevant financial documentation is accurately competed and submitted, as required by IRC policies.
Coordination & Representation
- Together with partner organization staff, identify concerns related to camp/ community layout, safety and security, water and sanitation access, etc., and develop strategies for constructively sharing these concerns with relevant actors.
- Support other stakeholders, including government actors, other humanitarian actors, and communities/leaders in identifying strategies that reduce risks faced by women and girls.
- Coordinate closely with WPE Manager for advocacy issues
- Attend meeting on behalf of the WPE program as relevant or requested.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with IRC policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programming.