WPE MEAL Officer
Kachin State (Myanmar)
Scope of work: The WPE MEAL Officer will oversee and ensure the functionality of the MEAL system for all WPE Programs across Kachin State. He/she will support his/her supervisor in MEAL-related activities and concerns and will contribute to the achievement of the program goal. He or she will work closely with program staff and partner organization staff, and will be supported technically by the WPE/Protection MEAL Manager and MAL Coordinator based in Yangon. He/she will reinforce adherence to the GBV guiding principles throughout all WPE MEAL activities. This position will report to the WPE Manager.
Data management and reporting
- Assist WPE Manager and MEAL Manager (WPE/Protection) in developing MEAL tools to measure program outputs and outcome.
- Ensure weekly, monthly, and annual data are collected in a timely manner (as much as possible), and ensure data accuracy and quality in line with relevant standards and procedures, including donor requirements.
- Support/lead in data quality audits according to program need and its timeline.
- Make sure all data and information are collected, processed, and stored in a safe manner following IRC’s Data Management and Protection guides.
- Ensure proper documentation for activity related records.
- Ensure that all activities relevant financial documentation is accurately completed and submitted, as required by IRC policies.
- Collect MEAL data from partner staff and conduct reviews on a monthly basis; submit data to WPE Manager and MEAL Manager (WPE/Protection).
- Assist in supervisor’s preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly work plans and MEAL reports in a timely manner.
Surveys, assessments, and evaluations
- Assist in the preparation of surveys or assessments related to project activities and lead the survey team as necessary.
- Manage the entry and initial analysis of data from surveys and assessments.
- Assist and participate in the preparation of capacity building and awareness raising of MEAL for WPE program and partner staff so that they can effectively implement monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Participate in/facilitate training and workshops related to M&E.
- Assist and participate in the conduct of learning activities for the WPE program
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with IRC policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programming.