WPE Prevention Officer
Kachin State (Myanmar)
Scope of Work: The WPE Prevention Officer will oversee GBV prevention and risk reduction activities and will closely provide technical support to partner organization staff, including safety audits, education sessions, long-term behavior changes activities, risk identification, and efforts to engage community and site leadership in risk reduction in Kachin IDP locations. The Officer will also provide support to partner organization staff on all awareness raising and information dissemination activities with the community to ensure services are accessible to women and girls. The position requires a personal commitment to advancing women’s issues and working on behalf of women and girls in the community.
- To oversee and provide technical support to partner organization staff on all GBV prevention activities designed to provide communities with GBV services information and GBV education on where women and girls can access GBV services.
- To train, facilitate and monitor behavior change communication curriculum adapted to the Kachin context.
- To support the development of a referral process for gender-based violence (GBV) survivors, including identification of and advocacy for addressing risks and gaps that exist.
- Identify, support and collaborate with male allies, community and religious leaders
- Reinforce adherence to the GBV guiding principles throughout all WPE activities.
- Ensure the voices of women and girls are integrated into all activities and discussions.
- Provide supervision and ongoing training/mentoring to partner organization staff to implement all prevention activities including ongoing assessment and risk identification activities.
- Provide TOT and all other prevention related trainings for both IRC and partner organization staff.
- Conduct twice a month facilitation spot-checks for partner facilitators in GBV education session and other prevention activities/sessions.
- Conduct regular team meeting with partner facilitators and community focal points.
- Carry out and analyze information from monthly safety audits and community consultations to identify risks faced by women and girls.
- Compile monthly Safety Audit report and prepare to response according to safety audit findings by the support of WPE Manager.
- Address the concerns and technical issue raised from team.
- Support WPE Manager and partner organization staff on training for CMCs and other INGOs local staff.
- Develop strategies for sharing information with communities, particular women and girls, about free services available to them.
- Prepare and submit weekly, monthly, and quarterly work plans in a timely manner for supervisor review and feedback.
- Compile and develop a monthly activity report (Training report, Safety Audit report) for submission to the WPE Manager.
- Ensure that all prevention relevant financial documentation is accurately competed and submitted, as required by IRC policies.
Coordination & Representation
- Together with partner organization staff, identify concerns related to camp/ community layout, safety and security, water and sanitation access, etc., and develop strategies for constructively sharing these concerns with relevant actors.
- Support other stakeholders, including government actors, other humanitarian actors, and communities/leaders in identifying strategies that reduce risks faced by women and girls.
- Coordinate closely with WPE Manager for advocacy issues.
- Attend meeting on behalf of the WPE program as relevant or requested.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with IRC policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programming.