Education Specialist-Syria Damascus
Rights Respected, People Protected
NRC currently has more than 2,000 staff in the Middle East region assisting people displaced by conflict in Syria . As a leading humanitarian organization, we support displaced persons by implementing programs across the Shelter, Education, Food Security, Information Counseling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) sectors with strong protection and resilience focus integrated into our programs.
The Education Core Competency Specialist (CCS) is responsible to support the design, development and implementation of the Education programme in the areas of operation of the Syria Country Office.
The purpose of the Education CCS position is technical development of the specific CC, strategic direction and quality assurance. The CC Specialist is responsible for mentoring, training and capacity building of staff in CC technical capacity, as well as assisting the CC through the development of tools that can be used to implement CC projects.
Responsibilities related to this position include:
- Develop education strategy, technical guidance and Macro log frames.
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposals, budgets and donor reports.
- Identify trends technical standards and donor priorities.
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within Education, ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation.
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support.
- Ensure that key learnings are extracted from Education implementation, and incorporate them in Education and staff development processes.
- Provide systematic training and build capacity of technical staff.
- Represent NRC in relevant forums/clusters, including with national authorities and donors.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
We welcome applications from interested and qualified candidates. Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Duty Station: Damascus, Syria
Duration: We offer up to a 12 month contract