Finance Technical Assistant
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the assistant position is to assist in the day to day implementation of the support functions responsibilities. Use actions words such as conduct or assist for the position relevant responsibilities.
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work- and Professional Development Plan.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Maintain proper filling system for all financial and accounting documents
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Responsible for holding petty cash for keeping , maintain cash accounts &insure to have cash count on weekly basis, and sometimes responsible for
- Responsible for conducting the day to day payments for the country office and ensuring that all supporting documentation is compliant with NRC policies and procedures.
- Responsible to process all the transfers to the beneficiaries and suppliers in the financial service provider’s platform “ S/he will be main responsible for advance and travels claims”
- Ensure that all the financial transactions are scanned and uploaded in 365 office and archived in hard copies
- Temporary assume duties of other finance team members when required.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Support staff
- Program staff.
- Financial Service Providers
Scale and scope of position
Key external stakeholders the post has relationships with (e.g. UN agencies, INGOs, local NGOs, SSc,)
Legal or compliance:
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
• Experience from working as a Support Function Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
• Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Basic written & oral English proficiency
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance or Accounting
- 1 years financial management experience with good numeracy skills
2. Behavioural competencies
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of the Yemen environments
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well with people from diverse cultures and communicate effectively.
- An energetic, flexible and proactive approach with the ability to work both independently and co-operatively within a team setting and maintain good working relationships
- Familiar in use MS Applications.
- Performance Management
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
• The Job Description
• The Work and Development Plan
• The Mid-term/End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template
• The End-term Performance Review Template
• The NRC Competency Framework