Logistics Assistant -SC5- Antakya - (VA 2021/14) 1
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and Professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. Female and qualified applicants encouraged to apply
The United Nations World Food Programme is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We are the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetime. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In Syria, WFP provides food assistance to more than 4.6 million people each month. This includes families who require emergency assistance when affected by conflict and displacement and also those who need help to improve their nutrition and food security. WFP supports children across Syria with healthy meals and snacks at school, mothers with nutritious diets, and families and communities with sustainable livelihood projects.
At this level, job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices for all assistance modalities for both WFP and logistics common services. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
To implement well-defined standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This position is open to Turkish nationals, or holders of a valid work permit and residency in Turkey.
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted and will be invited to the next stage of the selection process.
- Applications and CV in PDF format must be submitted online with:
- English language only
- Indicate exact Positions Title
- All your job responsibilities, experience (start and end date of employment for each position: From (dd/mm/yyyy) to (dd/mm/yyyy)
- Company/Organization name and scope of work of the organization
- Contract type: part-time, full-time, volunteer, or freelancer
- Proof of your experience will be required in the final stage of recruitment.
- Candidates must get an auto confirmation email once application is submitted.
- By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong, or incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
28 July 2021 @11:59 p.m. (Turkey time)
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education.
Language: Fluent (level C) English and Turkish in both oral and written communication. Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
Experience: Minimum 4 years relevant working experience. At least 2 years' experience in Logistic.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Experience using corporate systems to monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
• Experience analysing data (on commodities, funds, etc.) and drafting reports.
• Experience in measuring service providers’ performance against set KPIs.
• Experience in assisting the preparation of contract documentation.
• Experience in providing technical business support in corporate systems.
1. Provide support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and facilitating, directly or indirectly, the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
2. Support timely ordering and delivery of commodities and supplies to authorised partners and destinations.
3. Support management of logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
4. Respond to a variety of technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes, and obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service mind-set.
5. Contribute to budget preparation, monitoring and revision for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
6. Assist in monitoring inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
7. Assist in management of commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
8. Support operational pipeline analyses, assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities.
9. Process documentation for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating various issues to the supervisor.
10. Collect and compile data, produce and/or contribute to reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems in support to informed decision-making.
11. Liaise with internal and limited number of external stakeholders to support efficient logistics operations management.
12. Provide guidance to other support staff, in order to assist them in completing standard tasks to agreed standards and deadlines.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Supply Chain Management and Optimization||Displays aptitude at monitoring and reporting on supply chain operations to enable teams to efficiently assess the performance and sustainability of current networks.|
|Planning, Project & Resource Management||Supports the planning, forecasting & resource management efforts of own team by collecting data from diverse sources.|
|Information Management & Reporting||
Collates accurate and timely information and data to enable informed decision making on reporting within individual unit and consequently the greater humanitarian community.
|Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution||Ability to collect and collate necessary information to enable WFP to make informed operational decisions.|
|Warehouse and Inventory Management||Demonstrates ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation.|
|Technical Assistance and Coordination||Demonstrates awareness of the importance of technical assistance and coordination with key stakeholders and an ability to carry out logistics activities, respecting individual mandates and programme priorities.|
WFP never uses external recruitment agencies and recruitment is always free of charge. WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. The selection of staff is made on a competitive basis and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. Only applicants whose profiles meet the advertised job requirements will be considered and only within the announced deadline.
لا يقوم برنامج الأغذية العالمي بالاستعانة ابداً بأشخاص او بوكالات خارجية في التوظيف، علماً بان عملية التوظيف دائماً مجانية. يبحث برنامج الأغذية العالمي عن مرشحين من أعلى درجات النزاهة والكفاءة المهنية والذين يتقاسمون مبادئنا الإنسانية.
يتم اختيار الموظفين على أساس تنافسي ونحن ملتزمون بتعزيز التنوع والتوازن بين الجنسين. سيتم النظر فقط للمتقدمين الذين تفي ملفاتهم الشخصية بمتطلبات الوظيفة المعلن عنها، وفقط خلال الموعد النهائي المعلن
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status. No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.