Tally Assistant SC2
WFP Vacancy Announcement
Are you ready for SAVING LIVES CHANGING LIVES of the world's most vulnerable people?
If yes, this opportunity is for you!
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
|Contract Type||Service Contract SC2|
|Post Title||Tally Assistant|
|Number of Post||One|
|Duty Station||Sittwe, Myanmar|
|Duration of Service||12 months (extendable)|
|Opening Date for Application||15 July 2021|
|Closing Date for Application||29 July 2021|
The United Nations World Food Programme is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We are the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. At WFP, we are driven and defined by our mission to fight world hunger, save lives, feed people’s dreams of a brighter future, reduce risk and help enable people, communities and countries meet their own food and nutrition needs. WFP goes anywhere it’s needed and does what it takes to get the job done. You will find our people at the heart of every major humanitarian intervention around the world, providing the essential life-saving foundation required for those furthest behind. Each year, we reach an average of 80 million people with food assistance in around 80 countries. Delivering our mission requires deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between every member of our global team. While the 16,000-people working for WFP reflect the rich diversity of the world in which we work, the vital importance of our shared mission underpins a remarkably close community of purpose.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is offering life-changing job opportunities you are unlikely to find in other organizations. Working at WFP will give you the opportunity to work beyond your expectations, to be enriched by truly meaningful work and deepen your professional expertise.
This job is located in WFP Sittwe Warehouse. The job holders report to the Storekeeper.
To tally commodities and assist in stacking and physical inventory activities to maximise accuracy and efficiency of commodity management.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the direct supervision of Storekeeper and overall supervision by the Logistics Associate in Sittwe Field Office, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Supervise the loading, off-loading, Stacking and assist the Assistant Storekeeper to keep updated record on stack cards, and/or computer inventory lists.
- Supervise cleaning exercise after loading and off-loading and reconstitution and repacking when required.
- Check and control incoming goods both food and NFI by such method as physical count, random weight checks, rejection of any specified commodities, reconditioning of under weigh bags.
- Participate in physical inventory check as assigned by the Storekeeper.
- Implement proper stacking according to the commodities donor logo and SI/batch numbers.
- Record all commodity receipt, dispatchs and diposal on the stack cards.
- Management the cleaning of inside and outside of warehouse and supervise the casual labor.
- Calculate the warehouse space for the expected commodities when assigned by storekeeper.
- Inspect the vehicle for hygiene/cleanliness before loading/off-loading .
- Immediately report to the storekeeper after receiving, the shortages and leakages.
- Update the stack card immediately after each dispatch and receipt.
- Proper placement of the stack cards in front of particular stack with all updated information.
- Prepare dispatch tally sheets/Work Order for commodities issued from the warehouse.
- Perform other related duties as required.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Builds an understanding of WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Approaches individual tasks and responsibilities with a positive attitude and demeanor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Understands the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Connects individual tasks and responsibilities to unit’s goals and mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Seeks opportunities to build and enhance individual skills.
- Create an inclusive culture: Demonstrates respect and understanding for diversity and cultural differences.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Identifies and approaches colleagues or supervisors to serve as coaches.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Sets clear goals and measurable targets for own tasks and responsibilities.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Assesses own tasks and responsibilities to find ways to be more efficient.
- Focus on getting results: Maintains accurate records of completion times and tasks in own areas of responsibility.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Understands responsibilities and the metrics associated with own tasks.
- Be Decisive: Notifies supervisors of dangerous situations or potential issues that may arise while in the field or office.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Understands WFP’s organizational structure, including the purpose and mission of each unit.
- Build strong external partnerships: Supports team in working with colleagues and WFP’s partners in the field toward common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Maintains a professional and courteous relationship with other WFP employees and partners in the field.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Understands own team’s contributions in its partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education.
Language: Rakhine / Burmese. Ability to speak or understand English will be an added advantage
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Supply Chain Management and Optimization||Displays aptitude at monitoring and reporting on supply chain operations to enable teams to efficiently assess the performance and sustainability of current networks.|
|Planning, Project & Resource Management||Supports the planning, forecasting & resource management efforts of own team by collecting data from diverse sources.|
|Information Management & Reporting||Collates accurate and timely information and data to enable informed decision making on reporting within individual unit and consequently the greater humanitarian community.|
|Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution||Ability to collect and collate necessary information to enable WFP to make informed operational decisions.|
|Warehouse and Inventory Management||Demonstrates ability to carry out day to day activities around warehouse and inventory management in a manner that complies with WFP's operational warehouse procedures.|
|Technical Assistance and Coordination||Demonstrates awareness of the importance of technical assistance and coordination with key stakeholders and an ability to carry out logistics activities, respecting individual mandates and programme priorities.|
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Preferable to have minimum two years of work experience in the related fields with following experiences;
- Supervisory skills for the loading, off-loading and stacking of food commodities in WFP warehouses and keeping updated records as required
- Ability to conduct accurate physical count, random weight and quality checks for goods stored in WFP warehouses
- Ability to prepare accurate and timely recording of all commodity receipts, dispatches and disposal on the required systems such as stack cards and /or computer inventory records
- Calculate the warehouse space for the expected commodities when assigned by storekeeper.
- Ability to calculate warehouse space for storage of mixed commodities and NFIs
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This post is opened for Myanmar Nationals Only.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Female applicants and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organisation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection & recruitment process, and for work-related needs upon joining the Programme. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.