Security Operations Support Officer NOB/Goma
Democratic Republic of the
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
SECURITY OPERATIONS SUPPORT OFFICER
TYPE OF CONTRACT:
FIXED TERM- NOB
DUTY STATION (City, Country):
CLOSING DATE OF APPLICATIONS:
29 July 2021
The Security Operations Support Officer (SOSO), Goma, DRC will be based in Goma Area Office and will be responsible for providing security operational support to the Head of Area Office (HoAO). Whilst the SOSO will closely coordinate his/her activities with the HoAO Goma, he/she will be under the direct supervision of the FSO Goma with the Head of Area Office Goma as second level supervisor.
To support the management of WFP’s security day-to-day operations to facilitate the effective delivery of programmes that meet food assistance needs and maintain the security and safety of WFP personnel, activities and facilities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Participate in the security and safety contingency and continuity planning for the office supporting the standardization of plans for WFP facilities in-country and ensuring that all security plans are implemented and emergency systems are regularly tested.
2. Implenting a community-based approach to security in Estern DR Congo.
3. Develop annual plans, contribute to longer term strategies and improvements to security systems and procedures to ensure services provided support WFP strategic objectives and are in compliance with corporate policies, standards, regulations and processes.
4. Responsible for liaison with United Nations Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS) and the in-country security management apparatus including participating in security operations management meetings and contributing to technical discussions, exchange of knowledge and experience, to ensure WFP management and staff are fully briefed on security matters in RB/CO.
5. In conjunction with WFP Field Security Division, provide recommendations and operational support to the Country, Area and Field Offices for achievement of Minimum Operational Security Standards (MOSS) and Minimum Operational Residential Security Standards (MORSS) compliance.
6. Responsible for all facilities access control measures and procedures to ensure safety and security of WFP staff and visitors in line with UNSMS best practices.
7. Contribute to the management of security budget including procurement planning to support efficient and cost effective resources management.
8. Responsible for management of security equipment to ensure it is issued correctly, is in serviceable condition and is in compliance with the established security standards.
9. Collaborate with internal stakeholders including Human Resources Unit regarding a range of security staffing matters (e.g. recruitment, contract management, capacity building), to ensure compliance with the established WFP policies and procedures.
10. Collect information about local security developments, issues and provide technical analysis on the potential impact upon WFP operations to support security and operational activities.
11. Prepare comprehensive, accurate and timely security-related reports including recommendations to support informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to the senior managers and other stakeholders.
12. Provide security orientation briefing to newly arrived staff to ensure staff are well-informed of local security conditions and procedures.
13. Facilitate training sessions as required to build the security capabilities of WFP and external partners.
14. Manage junior security staff, providing coaching and guidance as required to ensure appropriate development and support high performance.
15. Support the supervisor during emergencies to meet changing needs.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in Security Management, International Relations or Law Enforcement or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses. A diploma obtained from Military/Police Academy with qualifying relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the First University degree.
Experience: Typically three years or more of progressively responsible professional experience in security management (relevant military, policy or corporate) and/or security risk management, with a background and interest in international humanitarian development. Experience in managing support staff.
Knowledge & Skills: • Good theoretical understanding of security management concepts and principals with a knowledge of best practices, techniques and processes.
• Good communication skills and ability to adapt communication style to different situations and individuals.
• Ability to assimilate a range of information and make basic analyses to support the development of efficient solutions..
• Ability to contribute to and/or deliver effective briefing and training, assessing participant needs.
• Knowledge of common business principals and processes and the ability to quickly assimilate UN/WFP specific processes and systems.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English and French language.
IMPORTANT AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATIONS
WFP will apply a rigorous and transparent selection process that includes a thorough assessment of technical competencies to ensure that the best candidates are selected for the position. Make sure your application contains accurate and complete information on academic qualifications, employment records and language skills. Only successful candidates will be invited to an interview.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workforce and encourages qualified women and men from all religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply.
WFP has a zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate based on the status of HIV / AIDS.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should complete their applications online at the WFP website: http://www.wfp.org/careers by clicking on "View Job Opportunities and Jobs of Interest". Candidates will need to register and create online CVs in order to apply. Hard copies of resumes or applications by e-mail will not be accepted. Make sure your request contains accurate and complete information.
WFP DOES NOT RECEIVE FEES AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT AND DOES NOT REQUIRE BANKING INFORMATION.
Only successful candidates will be invited to the written test and the interview