WPE Senior Manager - Beirut
The IRC is seeking a Women’s Protection and Empowerment (WPE) Senior Manager with a strong background on GBV interventions (including prevention, mitigation and response) and experience in managing teams and building the capacity of staff. The WPE Senior Manager will have sound technical knowledge of core services for GBV survivors, including case management and PSS, and will have previous experience on community based interventions. The WPE Senior Manager will work closely with the WPE Coordinator and the WPE Managers in Akkar and Bekaa to ensure quality and timely implementation of the WPE program.
The position will be based in Beirut with travel to sites of implementation in the Bekaa and North Lebanon region.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Team management and capacity building:
- Provide technical support to WPE Managers to ensure efficient team management and quality program implementation.
- Support WPE Managers to create capacity development plans for their teams based on assessed capacity gaps.
- Develop and facilitate trainings on GBV technical topics for staff and other service providers.
- Support the WPE Coordinator in managing and providing support to the WPE team across the country as requested.
- Coach, train, and mentor staff with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the team and providing professional development guidance.
- Lead on coordinating the case management work through regular check in meetings with the senior case management officers. Ensure proper and timely supervision to complex and high risk cases. Coordinate case conferencing as needed.
- Supervise and mentor direct-report staff, including communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely performance feedback, and providing documented semi-annual performance reviews.
- Promote and monitor staff care and well-being; approve and manage all leave requests to ensure adequate coverage.
- Offer leadership support for successful adherence by staff to IRC’s Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures.
Program Implementation and Monitoring:
- Provide technical support and oversight during implementation of key components of the program with a view to ensuring quality assurance and follow up.
- Oversee implementation and mainstreaming of adolescent girl programming across all WPE implementation sites and document lessons learned.
- Contribute to the review of relevant documents to ensure that these are in line with WPE standards.
- In coordination with WPE Coordinator work towards ensuring diverse and inclusive culture both amongst WPE team and across WPE services.
- Ensure that WPE services remains highly participatory and inputs of women and girls are consistently gathered and documented and that these inputs remain primary source for WPE programming.
- Work closely with the M&E Team to support in the development and use of M&E tools to monitor program implementation and quality, as well as to collect feedback from beneficiaries.
- Ensure critical data analysis in order to identify gaps and achievements that are needed to inform program adaptation.
- Support WPE Managers in monitoring and managing the project budgets and review monthly spending updates.
- Lead regular reporting to donors, coordination mechanisms and IRC headquarters in collaboration with field teams, M&E and Training Officer and WPE Coordinator.
- Work closely with field teams to maintain and update project planning and reporting documents.
- Support WPE Coordinator and field teams in liaising with Supply Chain, Finance and HR departments to ensure timely delivery of program resources and adherence to IRC policies and procedures.
- Support in the overall achievement of grant activities, deliverables, and budget compliance within donor guidelines.
Program development & Coordination:
- Actively contribute to program development and strategic planning for the WPE sector in Lebanon.
- Support the WPE Coordinator on aspects related to business development, including grant design and drafting of proposals.
- Lead on program adaptation to ensure relevance of WPE materials and approaches in coordination with WPE Coordinator and WPE Technical Advisor.
- Represent WPE in internal and external meetings as relevant.
- In coordination with WPE Coordinator follow up on integrated interventions with other relevant IRC sectors.
- Review communication and visibility materials.
- Support WPE Coordinator on promoting partnerships and collaboration with national actors.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with relevant stakeholders to enhance cooperation and coordination.
- Support the WPE Coordinator as requested.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs.
- All IRC staff is required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: WPE Coordinator
- Position directly supervises: Program Managers (Bekaa and Akkar), Adolescent Girls Manager, Life Skills Senior Officer
- Position works with: M&E Senior Officer, Program Support Officer, Quality Assurance Manager, field teams