HR Consultant - Onboarding Program Development
The Department of Human Resources and Offices Services (HROS) is the central management and coordinating function for human resources management, office services, field operations, and security support services. The Learning & Development (L&D) unit (“the Unit”), one of the two (2) teams of Human Resources (HR), is responsible for leading various projects and initiatives to develop and maintain an engaged, diverse, and field-oriented workforce.
IDLO would like to develop a comprehensive program of onboarding and induction for new employees. This program should provide new employees with the fundamental institutional knowledge and tools to facilitate their integration into the new workplace. Such a program also encourages feelings of welcome, engagement, and of motivation in the new role. Furthermore, having such a program on a global level ensures a consistent, basic knowledge base for all IDLO employees. As a first step, IDLO is planning to develop a package of digital courses and tools to be used as part of the induction process for new employees “new employee induction package”). With this in mind, IDLO seeks a dedicated HR Consultant to support HR in the development of such a global onboarding program for IDLO (“the Consultant”).
Under the overall leadership of the Director, HROS, and the direct supervision of the HR Advisor, Policy and Organizational Development, the Consultant will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following work:
- Gather, compile, review and analyze information and data related to the current onboarding process at IDLO at all offices, map against best practices in other UN and other international organizations, and report with findings and recommendations completed;
- Conduct internal consultation to finalize the list of key subjects to be included in the new employee induction package the as well as identify each subject matter, expert;
- Participate in the finalization of the competitive bidding process for an external service provider for the development of courses, including conducting the technical evaluation;
- Coordination with each subject matter expert to develop course outline and materials;
- Coordination and facilitation between the internal subject matter experts and the vendor for the development of the courses;
- Coordination with the HR L&D team to integrate the courses into the IDLO E-Learning Platform; and
- Development of internal communication tools to promote the global onboarding program within IDLO, including the promotion of the new employee induction package.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The Consultant should have the following skills, qualifications, and experience:
Education and Experience
- Advanced university degree in Human Resources Management, Adult Education, Social sciences and other related sectors;
- At least three (3) years of demonstrated relevant experience in designing learning, training, and onboarding programs in an international setting;
- Experience in a human resources function or human-resources related projects;
- Experience in managing a project or working in a project-based environment;
- Experience in designing and producing online documents and materials;
- Strong level of knowledge of recent trends and best practices in online learning solutions, onboarding, and talent management;
- Previous work within the UN system, other international/regional organizations, non-profit organizations is preferred.
Communication and Technical Skills
- Fluent oral and writing skills in English. Proficiency in French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
- Strong oral presentation skills, including the experience of conducting internal training and/or informational sessions for larger groups.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to coordinate and lead small focus groups comprising of people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use computer and Microsoft Office programs.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to work independently and flexibly to deliver the agreed outputs in a timely and professional manner.
- Project management skills, i.e., capacity to work on multiple different projects, and under pressure, while ensuring accuracy and attention to detail.
- Keen a sense of ethics, integrity, credibility, and commitment to the overall objective of the project.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The assignment is for six (6) months, ideally carried out between August 2021 and January 2022. An extension is possible, based on the performance of Phase 1, IDLO’s needs and priorities as well as budget availability.
Payment will be made on a monthly basis for the agreed monthly contract amount upon submission of a monthly timesheet, invoice, and approval of IDLO.
The work may be done as a combination of home-based and at the IDLO Headquarters in Rome, Italy.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome applications of qualified and diverse candidates.
IDLO is committed to achieving a 50/50 gender balance at all levels within its workforce. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for IDLO vacancies.
IDLO does not tolerate sexual exploitation or abuse, any kind of harassment, including harassment of a sexual nature, or discrimination. As such, IDLO will conduct careful reference and background checks of all selected candidates as part of its selection process.
DISCLAIMER AND CLOSING DATE
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Consultant assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality and in compliance with IDLO’s policy on personal data protection.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the consultancy opportunity to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Application deadline: 16 August 2021 (23:59hrs Rome Time).