Manager – Treasury & Operations
head | quarters | patancheru, | telangana
ICRISAT seeks applications from dynamic individuals who are will be responsible for Managing Treasury, Foreign Exchange, Disbursements, Tax Fillings, various staff liabilities and provide support to finance team members at outreach locations in Africa. The incumbent will report to the Director – Institutional Finance and Services and will be based at ICRISAT Head Quarters in Patancheru, Telangana.
ICRISAT is headquartered at Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and eight country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. It is a member of the CGIAR Consortium, a global agriculture research partnership whose science is carried out by the 15 Research Centers in collaboration with hundreds of partner organizations.
ICRISAT conducts research on its mandate crops of chickpea, pigeonpea, groundnut, sorghum, pearl millet and finger millet in the arid and semi-arid tropics. The Institute focuses its work on the drylands and in protecting the environment. Tropical dryland areas are usually seen as resource-poor and perennially beset by shocks such as drought, thereby trapping dryland communities in poverty and hunger and making them dependent on external aid.
ICRISAT envisions a prosperous, food-secure and resilient dryland tropics. Its mission is to reduce, poverty, hunger, malnutrition and environmental degradation in the dryland tropics. The approach is through partnership-based international agricultural research-for-development that embodies Science with a Human Face. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
- Implementing the investment and currency exchange rate risk management policy
- Making investments in term deposits of banks/financial institutions, bonds, mutual funds etc. in line with the policy
- Managing currency exchange rate risks with the assistance of forward contracting and natural hedging
- Liaison with banks, investment advisors, brokers, tax authorities and tax consultants, internal and external auditors
- Managing and supervising all disbursements and payments to vendors, partners, staff etc.
- Managing all staff liabilities, such as, Provident Fund, gratuity, pension etc.
- Ensuring that all requirements under various regulations in relation to foreign exchange, income tax etc.
- Oversee and provide accurate and timely information to the management for decision-making purposes
- Assist in implementing improved internal controls and audit recommendations by developing and updating policies, manuals and checklists, related to managing investments, foreign exchange, and other relevant areas
- Undertake other jobs assigned from time to time
- Liaison with Internal and External Auditors, Inter departmental liaison
- Liaise with banks/financial institutions, Tax Authorities etc.
- Devise and implement Investment Strategy
- Manage all term deposits of Bank/financial institutions on time
- Disbursements and payment to Vendors / Partners / Staff on time/ Statutory Authorities.
- Qualified CA / MBA /Post Graduate in Finance with at least 10 Years of experience with a minimum of 3 years in supervisory or managerial position
- Strong financial systems background; Good knowledge of IFRS
- Have strong analytical skills and an eye for detail and be commercially aware with excellent numerical skills
- Be a good planner and have very good organizational skills, time management and multitasking abilities
- Excellent communication skills are needed to work in this multi-disciplinary, multi-location and multi-cultural team
This will be an open competitive recruitment for a period of 36 months and the compensation will be offered as per global pay scales. A new contract may be offered at the end of the present tenure based on the performance of the incumbent, funding availability and the Institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 06 August 2021, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted
Pleaseto submit your application.
“ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer”