Venice (United States of America)
Post Number : 1ITADM0906OS
Grade : G-4
Parent Sector : Sector For Administration and Management (ADM)
Duty Station: Venice
Job Family: Administration
Type of contract : Fixed Term Field
Duration of contract : 1 year
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 06-SEPT-2021
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Only candidates who are entitled to work in Italy can apply to this positionOVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall delegated authority of the Director of the Regional Bureau and the direct supervision of the Finance and Administrative Officer, the incumbent provides a series of administrative support services and processes in compliance with UNESCO Rules and Regulations, practices, standards and procedures. Assists in processing transactions, control and maintenance of accounts and databases, and preparation of routine reports, correspondence and administrative documentation. Essential responsibilities include:Long Description
- Act as certifying officer up to the authorized level delegated by the Chief Finance Officer (CFO).
- Draft and prepare routine correspondence, memoranda and non-substantive reports.
- Maintain confidential and general files and establish reference systems.
- Assist in the preparation of budgetary and financial reports, statistics or projections for Supervisor.
- Verify and process payments, maintain specific accounts, prepare routine reports, calculate and compile financial data.
- Provide assistance and guidance to staff on basic financial procedures, requirements related to payments, and on banking and currency provisions.
- Act as bank focal point, in charge of reconciliation and follow up on bank documents.
- Verify transactions and check data/figures; identify and correct errors/anomalies and assist to input corrective action in IRIS, SISTER etc.
Budget Accountabilities :
- Monitor and control commitments and expenditures.
- Keep track of budget levels and alert the supervisor and concerned managers to avoid potential shortfalls in funds.
Assist in the preparation, cost estimation and finalization of budget reports; carry out preliminary analysis of variances between budgets and actual expenditures.
HR Accountabilities :
- Assist in HR administrative matters i.e. collect applications for vacancies, conduct reference checks, coordinate interview schedules, prepare agenda and documentation.
- Provide assistance, advice and briefings to newly arrived staff, experts and consultants on basic procedures in assisting/supporting in issues related to visas, identity cards, driving licenses and other necessary personnel-related documentation in accordance with requirements by the Organization and host country (liaise, as required, with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs).
- Make arrangements, assist and advise on shipping of office and project supplies and equipment and household effects and liaise with customs.
- Liaise with companies and different administrations in the host country.
- Follow up the purchase and payments of air tickets, prepare travel authorizations, track security certificates and make travel and hotel reservations.
- Completed secondary, technical or vocational school diploma.
- A minimum of 3 (three) years of work experience in administration, finance or related field.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent skills in drafting correspondence, accurate typing and attention to details.
- Discretion and cooperative behaviour and attitude to work in a team successfully.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills, good sense of judgement and capacity to support sound financial and budgetary practices.
- Ability to provide quality and timely support and services.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to establish good working relationships with external and internal partners.
- Excellent knowledge of IT skills, with proficiency in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Excellent knowledge (spoken and written) of English and/or French and good knowledge of the other language.
- Training/certification in accounting, finance and/or administration.
- Experience in the field of secretariat and administration in an international environment.
- Experience in assisting budget and performance reports for an international organization.
- Experience in applying financial rules and procedures in an international organization.
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of UNESCO rules and practices, procedures, protocols.
- Knowledge of ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning), such as SAP (Systems Applications and Products in Data Processing) or others.
- Knowledge of Italian.
- Knowledge of another official language of the United Nations (Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish).
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For more information in benefits and entitlements, please consult ICSC website.SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.