Parent Sector : Education Sector
Duty Station: Paris
Type of contract : Non-staff contract
Duration of contract : 1-6 months
Recruitment open to : External
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 8 August 2021
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Programme Assistant - UNITWIN/UNESCO Chairs Programme Long Description
Under the overall authority of the Director of the Future of Learning and Innovation Team, the direct supervision of the Programme Specialist and in close collaboration with other members of the UNITWIN Programme Coordination Team, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Assist the team in the regular administrative management and follow-up of the evaluation of requests for the creation and renewal of UNESCO Chairs.
- Support and coordinate with the UNITWIN Programme Coordination Team, UNESCO Sector Focal points, Field Offices, Division of Priority Africa and External Relations (PAX) and the Cabinet of the Director-General (CAB) in the internal validation (visa) process of the evaluations in view of the creation of Chairs and the establishment of standard Agreements.
- Assist in finalizing draft Agreements in view of their submission to the Cabinet for the Director-General’s signature.
- Prepare official correspondence in English and in French to the relevant higher education institutions and the national authorities to communicate the results of evaluation for proposals to establish new chairs and networks, and decisions on renewal, non-renewal, or closure of existing chairs and networks.
- Support the team in any additional tasks assigned by the Director of the Future of Learning and Innovation Team.
- Masters’ degree in an area related to international relations and affairs;
- Fluency in English and French – knowledge of another UN language is an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including drafting skills;
- Excellent organizational skills, thoroughness and a proactive approach;
- Diplomatic skills to work efficiently and tactfully in a multicultural environment.
Please submit your applications (CV and letter of motivation) by 8 August 2021 to the Future of Learning and Innovation Team (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) indicating the following reference: UNITWIN Programme Assistant.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.