Government Partnership Consultant
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
Job title: Government Partnership Officer
Type of Contract: Consultant
Division: PPR – Public Partnership and Resourcing Division
Duty Station (City, Country): Rome, HQ
Duration: 6 months
Expected Start date: 3 September 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. We are currently seeking to fill a consultancy position in the Operational Support Team (OST), Public Partnerships and Resourcing Division (PPR), based in Rome, HQ.
Brief description of the Public Partnership and Resourcing (PPR) Division:
The Public Partnerships and Resourcing Division (PPR) leads and coordinates WFP's corporate resource mobilization efforts with public donors at capital, regional and country office levels.
The Operational Support Team (OST) provides WFP operations with guidance and support for resource mobilization and strategic partnership development.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the strategic and operational guidance of OST-PPR, the Government Partnerships Consultant will perform the following duties:
1. Support to OST by assisting Government Partnership Officers in charge of RBC/RBP;
2. Assist preparation of regional/country funding analyses for RBC/RBP;
3. Support Government Partnership Officer on research, gathering and communication of relevant data related to operational resourcing and forecasting, and support efforts to position assigned operations in a strategic manner to external partners;
4. Analyze and prepare funding overviews with a view to identifying and prioritizing efforts in support of CO/RB resourcing efforts;
5. Support the Government Partnership Officers in providing resourcing outlooks and analyses related to s-PRP and e-PRP processes, including CSP/I-CSP preparation, Budget Revisions, ACRs and COMPs for assigned country operations;
6. Support in preparation of drafts of briefing materials for PPR management for internal and external engagements;
7. Support in preparation of donor advocacy and communication materials with COs/RBs with aim to increase donor awareness of priority operational needs;
8. Support PPR effort related to L3/L2 Emergency Resource Overview documents by liaising with appropriate focal points and in coordination with EME;
9. Support PPR efforts around promotion of Partnership Action Plans;
10. Support PPR efforts around promotion of Emerging Donor Matching fund
Required qualifications and experience
- Education: Studies in Liberal Arts, Economics, Statistics, Political Sciences, International Cooperation
- Experience: Two to three years' experience in international cooperation, partnerships, and/or resource mobilization and data analysis. Experience within the UN system and preferably with WFP a plus.
Required soft skills/WFP Competencies:
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills; ability to work independently towards challenging targets and strict deadlines; strong research and excellent writing skills; good oral and communication skills; ability to work in a multi-cultural and dynamic environment.
- Full working proficiency in English; knowledge of a second UN language is desirable
Terms and Conditions:
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP: http://www.wfp.org
Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
VA Reference no: 144267
Closing Date: 29 July 2021
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil
Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations
system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.