UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UNDP Tajikistan’s “Strengthening Rule of Law and Human Rights to Empower People in Tajikistan – Phase Two” project builds on the achievements and lessons learned of the first Phase and emphasizes access to justice for vulnerable and marginalized persons and aims further widen the access to justice for vulnerable and marginalized groups and individuals.
The vision of the Project is to create a justice system whereby all people in Tajikistan can access justice, by having an affordable, high-quality, state run system of free legal aid, in a country where people, in particular the vulnerable and marginalised, know their rights and duties in respect of free legal aid and accessing justice.
Key activities of the project include (1) the provision of free legal aid, and the gradual transition to a government-operated and government-funded system of free legal aid; (2) the support of Tajikistan’s accession to, and compliance with, various international human rights conventions; (3) continuing support and capacity building of the Tajik Ombudsman’s Office, (4) support for policy dialogues on Rule of Law issues at a regional / provincial level across Tajikistan, and (5) working to develop a law on free legal aid.
The project is willing to involve 2 local interns with duty station in the main project office in Dushanbe. The Interns will be working with Governance, Rule of Law and Human Rights Cluster of UNDP Tajikistan under overall guidance and direct supervision of the “Strengthening Rule of Law and Human Rights to Empower People in Tajikistan – Phase Two” Project Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- General understanding of the work and mission of UNDP;
- Insight and hands-on experience in organizing and running complex projects; and
- Becoming more familiar with working in an International Organization.
- Communication and writing skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); basic knowledge of Photoshop, Coral Draw, video editing software is an asset
- Demonstrated keen interest in the work of the UN/UNDP;
- Demonstrates integrity and fairness, by modelling the UN/UNDP’s values and ethical standards;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- A team player, responds positively to feedback and differing points of view
Required Skills and Experience
- Graduated or in the senior year of university in the area of management, public administration, law, economics, or , social sciences;
- Working level in written and spoken English and Russian. Knowledge of Tajik is an asset.