||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position
Despite the deepening political divisions in Libya, our client , in partnership with community, government representatives and organizations, have made progress at the local level in stabilizing conflict-affected areas and contributed to improving the lives of the people affected by the conflict. In this context, It is implementing several initiatives, supporting local governments to improve basic services delivery, security, and early economic recovery.
Through the Stabilization to Recovery Transition (START) project aims to enhance stabilization, resilience and peace in/for the Libyan society by providing livelihoods opportunities through a holistic, comprehensive approach provided by the Triple Nexus (HDP). The project targets for youth and women in particular, including vulnerable host communities and the internally displaced persons (IDPs), as well as returnees, refugees and migrants living among host communities. This approach will link development with major challenges in the country to prevent a return to conditions that foster violence and extremism. it aims to support skills development and employment of youth and women through apprenticeship and vocational training programmes and development of job placement schemes to build more resilient communities in Libya.
The Re-Start-up project will be held in Tripoli, Benghazi, Tawergha and Misurata, and Sabha. Ideally, an equal number of grants will be provided in both events. In Tripoli, business grants will be mainly targeted to southern Tripoli, where conflict-displaced populations are starting to return and need help to rebuild their businesses. In the East, the support will be targeted to Benghazi, and cooperative businesses between IDPs from Tawergha or any other cities and host communities will be encouraged. Also, we will target IDPs, returnees and particularly youth and women in Tawergha and Misrata through cooperation with the SFL project, which has been working for the restoration of basic services in those locations. In addition, the event will take in Sabha to support IDPs and returnees to rebuild their businesses.
Our client in Libya hold an Innovation Challenge project called Re-Start-up Marathon in October 2020. Based on the presented business ideas, UNDP selected 12 business plans in Benghazi. The overall objective of this project is to support entrepreneurs to re-establish businesses, increase employment, and promote social peace, stability and sustainable economic recovery in Libya. The project provides innovation challenge grants to the winners of the Re-Start-Up event to rebuild their businesses, which were destroyed or affected by the conflict.
For this purpose, Libya is seeking a Business Development Coach for the Re-Start Up project to provide guidance and business development training to the enterprises in Tawergha.
Purpose and Objective of recruitment Libya seeks a Business Development Coach for the Re-Start up project to provide guidance and business development training to 12 selected start-ups in Tawergha. So that, the start-ups can enhance their capacities and rebuild their business.3. Functions / Key Results ExpectedSummary of Key Functions:
Main Activities:The Business Development Coach will be responsible for the provision of business development and planning workshop and business development coaching to follow up with the enterprises.Most of the selected start-ups are located in Tawrgha, Libya.Under the direct supervision of the Project Management Specialist, the Business Development Coach will also be responsible of the following:Make all the necessary arrangements for the training\workshops, which include but are not limited to:
- Provide business development coaching and mentoring the re-start ups in Tawergha
- Monitor and report the start ups’ activities
- Provide recommendation and lessons learned on the implementation of the Re-start-ups project
4. Deliverables: The following are the key deliverable expected during and towards the end of the assignment
- Develop the detailed business development and planning workshop program/agenda for the training/workshops and agree on it with the Project Management Specialist;
- Develop workshop curriculums, handout materials and manuals related to business, MSME activity and administration;
- Support participants to identify and integrate gender issues into their ongoing and future business approaches and operations;
- Monitor and provide business development coaching and mentoring the selected entrepreneurs;
- Support the entrepreneurs to develop financial and narrative reports;
- Prepare and submit a Final Report, including the progress of the selected enterprises, schedule of the provided business development coaching sessions and monitoring, at least three success stories of the enterprises, the impact of the project, lesson learn and recommendation;
- Participate in the coordination meeting with our client and provide inputs and lessons learned;
- Undertake any other relevant tasks, as requested by the Project Management Specialist.
||Review and Approval Required
- Weekly update
- Timesheet (monthly)
- MSMEs reports
- Final report including the progress of the selected enterprises, schedule of the provided business development coaching sessions and monitoring, at least three success stories of the enterprises, the impact of the project, lessons learned and recommendation submitted.
To be approved by the Project Management Specialist
Reporting to the project Manager
||CORE VALUES / GUIDING PRINCIPLES:
Integrity: Demonstrating consistency in upholding and promoting the values of United Nations in actions and decisions, in line with the UN Code of Conduct;
Cultural Sensitivity/Valuing diversity: Demonstrating an appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organization and the diversity of its staff. Demonstrating an international outlook, appreciating differences in values and learning from cultural diversity.
Ability to think conceptually and flexibly, capacity to adapt, innovate, and propose multiple options.
A team player with good interpersonal skills
Ability to practice courtesy and diplomacy with high rank officials.
Time management skills.
Enjoy sensitivity for research and academic integrity.
Ability to work well under pressure and stressful environment
Promoting ethics and integrity, creating organizational precedents
Building support and political acumen
Creating and promoting enabling environment for open communication
Sharing knowledge across the organization and building a culture of knowledge sharing and learning
Fair and transparent decision making; calculated risk-taking
5. REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
At least Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Development Studies, Social Sciences, Design or Business Management or other relevant related fields.
At least 2 years of experience of providing business training, MSME finance, management and operations, at least 10 training sessions conducted;
Proven experience in developing training curriculums, publications, handout materials and manuals related to business, MSME activity and administration;
Proven ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams and liaison with authorities;
Fluency in English and Arabic required.
The Business Development Coach will be based in Tripoli, Libya.
• An understanding of and ability to abide by the values of the United Nations.
• Awareness and sensitivity in working with people of various cultural and social backgrounds.
This field does not require management field
|At least Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Development Studies, Social Sciences, Design or Business Management or other relevant related fields
- Minimum of 7 years experience
- At least 2 years of experience of providing business training, MSME finance, management and operations, at least 10 training sessions conducted;
- Proven experience in developing training curriculums, publications, handout materials and manuals related to business, MSME activity and administration;
- Proven ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams and liaison with authorities.