Senior Partnerships Officer - Beirut
The project will focus on reducing vulnerabilities are prevalent amongst three groups affected by the blast in Beirut: (i) survivors of Gender-Based Violence (SGBV); (ii) those suffering from deteriorated psycho-social wellbeing; (iii) and/or those facing limitations related to being a person with disabilities and older persons. Supporting Beirut’s Immediate Social Recovery Services interventions will entail providing grant financing directly to a select number of NGOs, to enable them to provide social services to reduce vulnerabilities in these groups.
This will be achieved by supporting non-government stakeholders that are engaged and have a track record in delivering social recovery services and working with target groups by improving their capacity to participate in the broader social recovery and reconstruction processes.
The World Bank has selected the IRC to act as the Intermediary Implementing Agency (IIA) to implement the Supporting Beirut’s Immediate Social Recovery Services project. The IRC will take on project management, grant provision and/or procurement of services from NGOs, and will be responsible for the fiduciary supervision of the selected NGO partners.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Partnership Agreement Management:
- Contribute in the development of the Request for Applications (RFA) with the Project Lead and Partnership Manager, mainly in drafting the proposal, eligibility criteria, and requirements along with the scoring criteria.
- Coordinate the pre-award due diligence process with respect to all sub-awards, including through appropriate vetting, analysis of risks associated with the award, and the identification and implementation of appropriate measures to manage those risks, working with other departments as appropriate.
- Maintain and coordinate partners’ program, finance and compliance monitoring schedules and coordinate support for partners to address any concerns or issues that may arise.
- Ensure that monitoring plans, visits and tools are in place for donor compliance and progress against objectives, and that key monitoring information and reflection session and learning are documented.
- Participate in regular partner monitoring visits to engage and support partners in the implementation of their daily activities, ensuring adherence to donor and IRC regulations.
- Coordinates internally and with partners to incorporate inputs after internal review of the partner’s proposal and agreement to ensure compliance under the guidance of the Partnership Manager.
- Draft and follow up on partners agreement with coordination with all internal relevant units and compliance unit in HQ, including completing the OTIS flow.
- Update the World Bank Partnership Tracker on a regular basis.
Partner Support and Capacity Sharing
- Collaborate with other IRC departments (Supply Chain, Finance, HR, grants and Programs to support the partners) and identify opportunities for IRC to support partner capacity strengthening efforts.
- Support IRC’s role in the delivery of capacity strengthening plans for partners in close coordination with the partnerships manager
- Support the partners in the development of the narrative proposals and budget.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Ensure that comprehensive electronic and physical files for partnerships are maintained.
- Oversee and work with project lead and other partnership staff to review monthly internal reports, and support the drafting and compilation of partner reports into overall donor reports.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Partnership Manager
Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: Partnerships Coordinator
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: IRC Lebanon Finance, HR and Supply chain departments, HQ and Regional grants/compliance teams, Partnerships teams, local and regional, programs, grants, M&E