WPE Capacity Building and Partnership Officer - Beirut
The Capacity Building and Partnership Officer will be responsible for the development and implementation of capacity building plans to increase IRC’s local partners’ knowledge and skills to deliver quality GBV response and prevention services. He/she will act as the main focal point for the local partners that IRC will identify and work with for the duration of the project and will monitor the progress of capacity building efforts to ensure they are able to deliver quality GBV programming.
Training & Capacity Building
- Contribute to the development of training and learning modules and mentoring and coaching tools.
- Facilitate trainings in technical development topics, including GBV case management SOPs, GBV core concepts, GBVIMS, community mobilization, focused PSS, etc…
- Ensure all necessary requirements for successful training sessions are prepared in a timely manner including material, equipment, venue and transportation.
- Brief and update IRC’s staff in partnership principles and effective partnering strategies.
- Develop and adapt training materials (handouts, presentations, etc.) and tools to monitor effectiveness of trainings, including pre and post-tests.
- When needed, work on updating training material, modules and tools, develop facilitation guides, etc…
- Ensure proper documentation of all trainings and capacity building session, keep track of the attendance sheets, training reports, training tracker and fill in the training database for trainings.
Partnership development & management
- Participate in the mapping and assessment of local partners working in the target area.
- Maintain regular contact as the focal point with local partners to establish a relationship based on trust and reciprocal respect.
- Conduct regular coaching and mentoring sessions with local partner staff to provide technical input and expertise.
- Utilize agreed tools to monitor quality of implementation by local partners and provide recommendations to address gaps.
- Develop work plans and benchmarks with local partners.
- Ensure proper documentation for all local partners activities.
- Provide feedback to local partners’ focal points on the capacity building process and the quality of the implementation.
- Work closely and coordinate with the WPE Senior Manager and the WPE Coordinator.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs
- All IRC staff is required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Who this position reports to: WPE Senior Manager
Who this position supervises: NoneWho this position works with: WPE Quality Assurance Manager, CP Senior Manager, and Partnership Staff.