Senior MEAL Officer - Beirut
The Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer is part of the project with the World Bank and will be the liaison with the partners to ensure quality monitoring and reporting from the partners, as well as provide capacity building to the partners on setting up feedback and complaint systems.
I.Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Provide support in the M&E sections of the Request for Proposal for partners, as per the need.
- Conduct the M&E capacity assessment of partners and accordingly develop a capacity building plan.
- Ensure that partners have appropriate data collection tools to respond to the results framework set by the World Bank.
- Depending on the capacity building plan of partners, conduct trainings for selected partners on proper and ethical data collection, data cleaning, data analysis, and data reporting.
- Review, provide feedback, and consolidate the quarterly reporting of the partners to ensure accurate data and reporting to the World Bank.
- Ensure that partners consult with beneficiaries on a periodic basis and collect feedback on quality of services provided. Support partners in development of data collection tools to collect feedback from beneficiaries, and if needed, conduct data analysis and draft reports of beneficiary feedback.
- Coordinate with and provide technical support to potential consultants for the baseline, mid-term, and end of project assessments.
- Provide support in any donor reporting or inquiries on M&E as per the need.
- Provide support in conducting learning events with the partners for program learning and improvements.
- Act as focal point for Activity Info and consolidated beneficiary count reporting from partners.
II.Accountability (Feedback & Complaints Mechanism):
- Conduct the feedback and complaints mechanism’s capacity assessment of partners and accordingly develop a capacity building plan.
- Provide direct technical support to partners based on the capacity building plan.
- Ensure that the minimum feedback and complaint mechanism standards and systems are set up or improved within the partner’s structures and systems to receive and resolve grievances and complaints from the project’s beneficiaries.
- Ensure that severe and critical complaints are captured by the partners and channeled to IRC’s project management team for handling and setting up corrective actions with the partners.
- Provide support to the partners in developing outreach communication materials as well as feedback and complaints channels about their feedback and complaints mechanisms, while ensuring cultural, age, gender, diversity and inclusion appropriateness and considerations.
- Coordinate with the partners to recruit and/or assign and train dedicated focal points sitting in the partners’ organizations to receive feedback and complaints from partners’ beneficiaries.
- Work with the partners to develop a contextualized database for the partners to log, monitor and refer feedback and complaints.
- Work with the partners to set up a timeframe for each complaint category and priority that suits the partners and is contextualized to their existing systems and capacities.
- Work with the partners to set up an escalation matrix system for beneficiaries who might appeal the proposed complaint resolution.
- Train and support the partners in conducting data analysis, report writing, and dissemination of main complaints findings and trends to the senior management.
- Provide support in any donor reporting or inquiries on accountability (feedback and complaints mechanisms) as per the need.
- Conduct learning events with the partners for learning and improving the feedback and complaints mechanisms.
- Ensure all activities are child and gender sensitive and follow IRC Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Apply Do No Harm standards to ensure activities do not have detrimental effects on vulnerable communities.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to reinforce the acceptance of IRC in the community.
- Flexibility on other duties as assigned for program or professional development.
- Participate in relevant internal or external meetings as per the need.
- All IRC staff is required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Project Lead
Position Technically Reports to: MEAL Manager and Accountability Manager
Position directly supervises: N/A
Position works with: Partners under the World Bank project, World Bank project team, MEAL Coordinator, Protection Coordinators, Health Coordinator, Partnerships team, Grants team, T4P team, etc.